Fun with scaffold

Heritage Plasters

Had this ceiling to do today. Contractor says feel free to use his scaffolding but a lot of it had seen better days so believe it or not we were rather selective and came up with this setup. BTW, OSHA planks have a lot of bounce in them when they get 10' out. Have to think light thoughts. :frio:

Attachments

• 20170815_121623.jpg
    20170815_121623.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 367
  • 20170815_103537.jpg
    20170815_103537.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 385
  • 20170815_103300.jpg
    20170815_103300.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 403
  • 20170815_141522.jpg
    20170815_141522.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 408
That is never right. I'd have got shaky leg on that contraption

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

coor only takes 1 board to move with the bounce..

and wtf are them.stilts about. now i use stilts but jeeez

Those are for when we do 12' ceilings. It's a lot faster than staging the entire area. Haven't fallen from em yet but I'm pretty sure if I did I wouldn't be walking away very quickly.

Had this ceiling to do today. Contractor says feel free to use his scaffolding but a lot of it had seen better days so believe it or not we were rather selective and came up with this setup. BTW, OSHA planks have a lot of bounce in them when they get 10' out. Have to think light thoughts. :frio:

ah yes... these just move enough to remind you that you are high enough to die

This you do when young :loco:, well under 40. Sod that. Not much H&S in the USA then?

No idea what H&S is but I'm sure thats the equivilent to our OSHA... Usually they only care about large commercial or government projects. I've been on a few of those and this setup wouldn't fly there. Then again it'd be 2 days worth of building scaffold to pass all those regulations. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about safety, (which is why I thought this setup was funny because it was far from ideal) but I think a little understanding and common sense go a long way to keeping someone safe.

When you regulate to try and make something idiot proof you succeed in making better idiots.

No idea what H&S is but I'm sure thats the equivilent to our OSHA... Usually they only care about large commercial or government projects. I've been on a few of those and this setup wouldn't fly there. Then again it'd be 2 days worth of building scaffold to pass all those regulations. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about safety, (which is why I thought this setup was funny because it was far from ideal) but I think a little understanding and common sense go a long way to keeping someone safe.

When you regulate to try and make something idiot proof you succeed in making better idiots.
Sounds like the same here really. Our Health and Safety can be so over the top, on large developments you have to wear gloves and safety glasses all the time now, along with hard hat, toecap boots and high viz top.