From dosmestic to site work

oldschool

Hi lads. I've been doing domestic work for the last 8yrs now for plastering firms doing voids and tenanted property's . And in between doing my own work. and have always shied away from new builds partly because the rates have always been shite . . I have been plastering for over 15yrs. A job has come up which is round the corner from my house. Doing new build apartments so I have taken the plunge.. Am getting mor pissed now as a I talk . Point am making is I think site work is like being in a factory working to a metre rate fighting over water and who beads the next bloody pod or room no manners . At £2.50m working none stop! Am use to working smart and using my plastering skills . Having a moan guys that's all am doing sorry you have read this thread ha . Love Danny

Hi lads. I've been doing domestic work for the last 8yrs now for plastering firms doing voids and tenanted property's . And in between doing my own work. and have always shied away from new builds partly because the rates have always been shite . . I have been plastering for over 15yrs. A job has come up which is round the corner from my house. Doing new build apartments so I have taken the plunge.. Am getting mor pissed now as a I talk . Point am making is I think site work is like being in a factory working to a metre rate fighting over water and who beads the next bloody pod or room no manners . At £2.50m working none stop! Am use to working smart and using my plastering skills . Having a moan guys that's all am doing sorry you have read this thread ha . Love Danny
Where you from and who's it for?

Everybody needs to have a whinge every now and again. Personally if your not liking the site lark?? Just leave and go back to doing what your happier doing? Nothing worse than waking up wound up knowing yourgoing to a s**t job and encounter problems

When every firm more or less pays same rate, your choices are limited I'm a old t**t now but made good money on crap rates, I would love rates to be a lot more but can't see it happening until float and set comes back in fashion

F
And you know he has a family how ???
£2.50 your a mug my friend if your having that.
it was just a drunken rant lads,forgot I posted that last night ha

Hi oldschool

I am in the same boat as you almost, as I did site work most of my life, but like you 9 years back I got into social housing work, for different firms/agency's and never looked back, I am sure if I had to go back to new work, there's no way I could manage it now, I could always make money at the going rate of prices on site work, but I know at £2.50 which is the going rate where I live, my body would seize up after 2 weeks or so, just too old now.

good luck with it, but don't forget, listen to your body