From before the lockdown

Members online

essexandy

The Lake Governor
@The Hobo @ChrispyUK
A couple from the weekend before it all went tits up.
FB_IMG_1584899232083.jpg
FB_IMG_1584899240409.jpg

You got some cracking fish in the lake what’s the best weight you had out and what size fish do you reckon you have in there (y)
The biggest caught so far is just under 23lbs but there are definitely bigger in there. Being conservative I'd say the biggest is around 27-28lbs. Some of my members say that there are bigger than that.

What rods do you use @essexandy? I used to have a set of century ncs they was beauty’s paired with the daiwa entohs
You really want me to list all the carp rods I've got?
The ones I still use;
4 X Nick Buss X-lite S (blank made by Century)
3 X Harrison Baby Ballista 2.5lb tc
2 X Harrison Ballista 2.75lb tc
2 X Harrison Multicarp 2.25lb tc
1 X Nash Scope 2.25lb tc
1 X Nash Sawnoff 3lb tc
I really need to get rid of more stuff.

You really want me to list all the carp rods I've got?
The ones I still use;
4 X Nick Buss X-lite S (blank made by Century)
3 X Harrison Baby Ballista 2.5lb tc
2 X Harrison Ballista 2.75lb tc
2 X Harrison Multicarp 2.25lb tc
1 X Nash Scope 2.25lb tc
1 X Nash Sawnoff 3lb tc
I really need to get rid of more stuff.
That’s some collection lol you rate the harrison blanks then?

That’s some collection lol you rate the harrison blanks then?
Yes mate Harrison's make fantastic blanks. Century blanks are also exceptionally good, although they often feel a bit heavier, tip heavy if you know what I mean? That said the X-lite's are a really good all-round rod, but I prefer the Baby Ballistas for all my small water fishing, proper players rods.
I'm fairly sure that your Century NCS are based on the X-lite S blanks.

Yes mate Harrison's make fantastic blanks. Century blanks are also exceptionally good, although they often feel a bit heavier, tip heavy if you know what I mean? That said the X-lite's are a really good all-round rod, but I prefer the Baby Ballistas for all my small water fishing, proper players rods.
You’re probably right, I think the ncs replaced the ng blanks which was the rod I was looking at at the time or getting some customs made from bob at fosters which would have been Harrison blanks. I never had a problem with my century’s being tip heavy though and for a soft rod I could chuck a 2oz lead some distance not frank Warwick style though lol

You’re probably right, I think the ncs replaced the ng blanks which was the rod I was looking at at the time or getting some customs made from bob at fosters which would have been Harrison blanks. I never had a problem with my century’s being tip heavy though and for a soft rod I could chuck a 2oz lead some distance not frank Warwick style though lol
They still make NG's.
What tc NCS's have you got?

I had a set of Northwesterns built by Bob in the eighties.

Really? I thought they were discontinued years back??
I had 3lb tc beautiful rods, lovely to play fish on from the tip down to the butt and spot on for my casting abilities
had my English and french pb on em too

Really? I thought they were discontinued years back??
I had 3lb tc beautiful rods, lovely to play fish on from the tip down to the butt and spot on for my casting abilities
had my English and french pb on em too
Nice.
Bob had a great reputation, but he did slightly f**k up my Northwesterns. He varnished right over all the guides. You couldn't see it, but when I hooked my first four fish on the rods the line cut into the varnish and snapped. I thought it was dodgy line to start with. I had to clean every guide with a craft knife. Lovely rods after that and I'd still have them if some c**t hadn't broken into my garage and stolen my gear.

@essexandy

That lake must be such a tonic it will add another 10 years on your life.

Must be a god send at the minute though appreciate your not taking any peg fees at minute.

@essexandy

That lake must be such a tonic it will add another 10 years on your life.

Must be a god send at the minute though appreciate your not taking any peg fees at minute.
My wife has said many times that it'll make us live longer. I don't know about that, but it definitely makes me live happier.
You're dead right about it being a tonic. I've suffered from depression for ten or more years now and the lake has helped me massively, especially at this time.
I'm definitely not worried about not getting membership money in, but it'll be great to see my friends and members back there enjoying the place.

Not Shakespeare then :LOL:

My old man wouldn’t think twice about spending £500+ on fly rods unlucky for me my arsehole brother got them all when he passed away we still ain’t spoke for nearly 10 years wasn’t about the rods though :LOL: