Friday night Curry

Members online

Right just ordered my curry , not being funny but from experience with my nela Carbon I presume it’s gonna take a fair while to wear one of these curry’s in , I have a nela premium that still isn’t wore in but that’s what I’m hoping the curry is like , my mt just ain’t firm enough tbh , great trowel , bit I’m after firmness now

Has anyone got a beroexpert Carbon? Do they make such a trowel?

Looking on these American websites I was surprised how popular the nela trowels seem to be over there too

I’m concentrating my efforts on the Nela mate, I can’t have any distractions until it’s razor sharp, rendering today scraping on texture thin coat. That will grind the buggar down.
Forgot to ask you yesterday, what size nela Carbon did you have ? I’m in shock you didn’t like it but was thinking was it to big for you ?

Forgot to ask you yesterday, what size nela Carbon did you have ? I’m in shock you didn’t like it but was thinking was it to big for you ?
It was a 14 but it didn’t hold its shape and went all bent after hardly any use, I returned it in exchange for 14 stainless (y) well happy with it, rendering and skimming all round trowel it will be a beauty in 6-12 months

It was a 14 but it didn’t hold its shape and went all bent after hardly any use, I returned it in exchange for 14 stainless (y) well happy with it, rendering and skimming all round trowel it will be a beauty in 6-12 months
Fair enough mate mine is thirteen inch been sound I’ve also ordered a surprise trowel too but I’m keeping that top secret till next year I’ll keep you posted

You were right about the 14 inch Tyzack.It’s too rigid.

100% agree. Originally picked up a pre worn 13" tyzak cheap in bandq, lovely trowels. Kept buying them, the 14" for some reason really stiff and rigid, and lately not as good. My mate for 30 years, Peter Maguire,:baaa: and your near neighbour that recently moved back to Broadford generously took 2 of my tyzacks back to Ireland

100% agree. Originally picked up a pre worn 13" tyzak cheap in bandq, lovely trowels. Kept buying them, the 14" for some reason really stiff and rigid, and lately not as good. My mate for 30 years, Peter Maguire,:baaa: and your near neighbour that recently moved back to Broadford generously took 2 of my tyzacks back to Ireland
I don’t know him.Fcuk that taking trowels.Some mate allright.

Ouch. Seems steep considering the trowel is less than $60.

I still go back and forth between the nela stainless and my Curry. I will say that the curry is slightly more flexible than the nela. Hope you enjoy it.
That was for two trowels and included the freight charge mate tbh I’m still expecting 20% charge from customs too from my research but tbh I don’t care I’m just be happy to have them at last , did you manage to get a Speedskim to USA in the end ?

That was for two trowels and included the freight charge mate tbh I’m still expecting 20% charge from customs too from my research but tbh I don’t care I’m just be happy to have them at last , did you manage to get a Speedskim to USA in the end ?

Not yet. Have been slammed with a few big jobs and haven't had a moment to work on anything else. Hope to have a little time again first of the year.

Two Curry’s? Different sizes ?