French rubbish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
I have just started a job of 1000m2 70mm thin coat using a certain French brand begging with P.

What a load of cheap s**t it is.
The poly is poor,fixings are pathetic,mesh is the worst I have used and the basecoat is truly shite.

I had high hopes for this gear but am bitterly dissapointed!!!!!.

Rant over.

I have just started a job of 1000m2 70mm thin coat using a certain French brand begging with P.

What a load of cheap s**t it is.
The poly is poor,fixings are pathetic,mesh is the worst I have used and the basecoat is truly shite.

I had high hopes for this gear but am bitterly dissapointed!!!!!.

Rant over.

well tell us more what system did they recommend or spec.

Really, I got my first French ewi job this week. Its the dark colour poly 80mm & dash. The basecoat is overkill for fixing slabs IMO as competitors are a tenner cheaper a bag. It is good as a basecoat though. The 355 mesh is good tho? Is the marm gear far superior then butt?

what fixings have they stipulated parex dont make fixings? they recomend fischer which are the best on the market and that ive used on sto systems.maitie as a base?
its good gear is matie along a parr with marm sm700 for me, as said its over engineered for the use. weve used marmorit systems and parex systems for years now tens of thousands of metres, for me they are both the best on the market and blast your k rends and weber systems jub etc out of the water, ive used most about. im sure JFE off here will tell you similiar.

theres a reason why parex are getting to be the market leader in pre bagged and acrylic renders it aint cos they are sub standard systems and it certainly isnt because of the price, because there probably the dearest about.

but as with anything, your going to get varying opinions either way.

the base coat is a mare to use compared with sm700, the fixings are non branded and wont hammer in properly, the mesh is flimsy crap.

I have used marmorit for years and pride myself on doing a top job which includes a basecoat which would almost be good enough to paint, with the P basecoat we all had problems trying to get it flat. It is too fine and has no fibres so tears easily and once it starts to go there is no stopping it. with sm we sponge it then trowel in in flat as a pancake... no chance with this tripe.

I found out that the firm are paying £15 for a 30kg bag of base coat where as sm is about £22 for 25kilos.

I would much rather pay the extra and have no hassle.

Maybe there is a way of using the basecoat that would give me a good result... ???

the base coat is a mare to use compared with sm700, the fixings are non branded and wont hammer in properly, the mesh is flimsy crap.

I have used marmorit for years and pride myself on doing a top job which includes a basecoat which would almost be good enough to paint, with the P basecoat we all had problems trying to get it flat. It is too fine and has no fibres so tears easily and once it starts to go there is no stopping it. with sm we sponge it then trowel in in flat as a pancake... no chance with this tripe.

ditto,quality of job is paramount. obviously if your getting your basecoat spot on it saves a lot of hasstle and dpr at a later stage.
as far as im aware, after recently speaking to steve keightley of parex they will now only issue warranties using a fixing of fischer ilk.
is the mesh the green type of 355?
i guess its what ever your use to using, we get matie spot on aswell as sm700.

I found out that the firm are paying £15 for a 30kg bag of base coat where as sm is about £22 for 25kilos.

I would much rather pay the extra and have no hassle.

Maybe there is a way of using the basecoat that would give me a good result... ???

£15 for maitie? i get it at a good rate but not as low as £15, whers that from? and we give 22 for sm.

Browny , if you spent less time taking pictures of ya turds and more time on your prep , you might be able to keep on top of it, ya dirty twot

The mesh is pink and very poor. You can literally pull it apart with your fingers. Is is stamped up with the p logo.
It was all purchased from Encon insulation

Really, I got my first French ewi job this week. Its the dark colour poly 80mm & dash. The basecoat is overkill for fixing slabs IMO as competitors are a tenner cheaper a bag. It is good as a basecoat though. The 355 mesh is good tho? Is the marm gear far superior then butt?

In my opinion 100 times better.

How you getting on with your ritmo? I'm hopefully getting one in the next month or so

parex
we have been using blanc du literal last year or so (3-4 jobs done)
great stuff ....nice finish .

also from encon

The mesh is pink and very poor. You can literally pull it apart with your fingers. Is is stamped up with the p logo.
It was all purchased from Encon insulation

not sure what your on with parex dont make pink mesh, all there different types of mesh is green in colour.

all mesh produced for any system has to meet bba standards, so no mesh you use will fray etc unless its a shite chinese effort.

ows pm me your address and ill send you up a piece.... honest its PINK has parex written all over it and is the worst mesh I have ever used

Send u's a bit sure. I've never seen any, as daft as it sounds are you sure ? Weber systems use pink mesh.The standard is 5 mm for thincoat systems and tv 10 for mono or there stress patches.

Last edited:
its mainly all we use is the fine 1mm these days, more and more are choosing it,for what ever reason.

Rich use the maite as wet as poss and use an orange sponge on the first coat as soon as your clear of the area(1 or two mesh strips above where your working). Hose it down on shower setting and cross sponge away. Second coat next day or when dry tight as poss, no sponge just spat & trowel. Should come up like skimming. Hated the 1mm sand fine first of all after using the 1.8mm sand coarse religiously or other makes in 1.5mm. Have to say though that 1mm is my fav now as it spreads easily and is as close to fining down as you can get but still has the ability to look mint. It's all in the base once you see the tolerance of the 1mm and how the maite process behaves as it dries. It likes being pumped too. Am short of labour at the mo so am gonna basecoat one day and dash the next a gable end on my own. Well am running it through my mind anyway! Can't see why it won't work as long as its masked, the dash is set out and the gears topped up in the hopper.

when i tried to sponge it it just kept tearing it was either too wet or rock solid and wouldnt come back with water... its what your used to I suppose

It is a timing thing....say your doing 3 lifts meshing top down, drop drown to the lift below and lay a band on for one strip of mesh. Once that's on you carry on laying the second band on whilst your guy goes back up, showers the entire top lift leaving off the bottom foot or so as the water running down lubes the very bottom. Cross sponge it then with the longest unbroken sweeps you can manage in between scaffold uprights hitting the wall running so to speak when you pick back up the other side of the bar. Should be pretty mint like that and is enough for the 1.5/8mm finishes. The 1mm likes another tight wet coat spread as thinly as poss so its only filling in the sponge drag marks. Again you can run back up the top with a hose and wet trowel this coat too. Nothing to it maite!

Rich use the maite as wet as poss and use an orange sponge on the first coat as soon as your clear of the area(1 or two mesh strips above where your working). Hose it down on shower setting and cross sponge away. Second coat next day or when dry tight as poss, no sponge just spat & trowel. Should come up like skimming. Hated the 1mm sand fine first of all after using the 1.8mm sand coarse religiously or other makes in 1.5mm. Have to say though that 1mm is my fav now as it spreads easily and is as close to fining down as you can get but still has the ability to look mint. It's all in the base once you see the tolerance of the 1mm and how the maite process behaves as it dries. It likes being pumped too. Am short of labour at the mo so am gonna basecoat one day and dash the next a gable end on my own. Well am running it through my mind anyway! Can't see why it won't work as long as its masked, the dash is set out and the gears topped up in the hopper.

what kind of coverage are you getting spraying 1mm, as id imagine it goes a chunk further ? as the gear goes miles, where getting around 13-14 metres by hand application, per pale.

Forgot to say each panel is 250 m2 with the windows taken out so not the best sized panels to be trying new gear on I guess. Spraying 1 mm on tomorrow..... Hope it looks ok lol

Status
Not open for further replies.