FREE basic construction course plastering pathway.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Hi everyone just posting to tell you about a free basic construction skills course in Nottingham. It is a plastering pathway and covers rendering, plastering, mould making and health and safety. The course is a level 1 award that runs for 8 weeks and if you wanted to continue onto the Level 1 certificate then that is six weeks added on so 14 weeks in total. Once that is completed there is an opportunity to move onto the Level one plastering diploma if your attendance is acceptable and your working at the correct levels.
To be eligible for the course to need to be in receipt of job seekers allowance (JSA) And be over 19 years of age before last August and not already have received a level 1 plastering qualification in the past. You would be asked to attend an induction day to sit initial assessments and to work out which course is best for you. Once the course is completed and your certificate has been claimed you will also be booked in for your CSCS card and test. No resits are paid for.

So if you are interested or require any more information please post a reply and I will see if I can help you.

Thanks Silky.

Hello,
Im looking to learn the basics as i am being made redundant in september so wanted to start a career in plastering. Im 28 but cannot sign upto jobsekers because of my redundancy payment. Are there any courses you know of that could help me out?
Thanks
Tony

Hi Tony, are you in receipt of anything else like Esa or any other allowance? mate I really wish I could help you. We used to do a response to redundancy but that's no longer running. If you do start a JSA claim I would be able to get you enrolled. I would phone local colleges explaining the situation as they usually receive more funding. where abouts are you Tony?
Thanks
Silky

I have a bit of bad news adam unfortunely on wednesday I don't have any photo id so I could not do my cscs card but hopefully this monday I will bring you a sheet for you to fill in a meet up iphoto on in a bid to do it then hopefully if you're interested in finding out more please contact me or I will see you on monday to give me more details

Status
Not open for further replies.