forum move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello chaps,

As you all know the site has been changing a bit lately (due to the construction industry slowing down) and well very soon the forum will be migrating to a better forum application Iwill be using a paid version as it offer some great features this forum software cost £100 a year just for the license.

At best I will be able to dump all the data from this forum straight into the new forum and you probably wont even notice the change and at worst you all may need to register again.... bit of pain in the ass but will be worth it.

I need to try and make my sites bullet proof for when I am away as I may need be able to get internet access for a couple days at a time so  it is important that these updates are made.

I hope you all will be supportive in the move... I am going to be making the move on another one of my forums first one that is not so busy so that basically I can learn by my mistakes. I hope it will be seamless.

I also bought plasterersforum.com a couple of days ago which I will be promoting soon so hopefully get some spreads from further afeild and basically help build the community.

The other thing is that I will be hiring a lawyer or solicitor to basically cover my arse against being sued I have in the past been hit with cases and luckily managed to escape so we need to just becareful that no companies are slated on the public forum opinions are opinions but please be careful

Bear with me chaps and dont worry there will be no fees or anything like that so dont panic

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.