Forum meet up.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

Or why can't we get a load of the youngsters off the apprentice page set up chairs like a theatre and watch them,oh and is Simon Langdon coming along I wonder what happened to him @Kitchy do you know

Serious it's a good idea and great offer to everyone... I trying not to get involved in banter so much nowadays tbh...

Birmingham City is good for me mate,
Been there a few times to put bodged up job right in the past,lol

And Coventry
Involved in banter hahahahaha

Flynny I can't help but picture you as Kimbo Slice :LOL:
image.jpeg

I imagine flynny is waiting all day for Pete to pop up then gets butterflies when he sends him a message thrill of the chase but Pete plays hard to get

Socket on that right hand wall done by a builder I'm thinking
Builders know best until they actually try to do a job themselves and end up in a right state they can do everything apparently but I'm yet to meet one lately who can actually do it

Socket on that right hand wall done by a builder I'm thinking

Partly right. Wago connectors were used to keep the ring final in tact to save one leg of it overloading when it was being used elsewhere. The tape was to keep any water splashes off of the wagos.

I say partly right because the second set of qualifications I got after leaving school were the old C&G 236, about ten years ago when I needed the 2382 I updated the 236's to the later 2330.

So I suppose you be right if you said a builder did it, but you'd also be right if you said a fully qualified electrician did it. I'm sure you're aware that the 2382 along with being a member of ELECSA means that it was all self certified after completion too.

I'm thinking maybe one of these is in order? :fuckyou:

Builders know best until they actually try to do a job themselves and end up in a right state they can do everything apparently but I'm yet to meet one lately who can actually do it

A lot of people call themselves builders.

A lot of people call themselves builders.
I think that's my problem I'm getting a lot lately I'm coming across these people who call themselves "builders" when really they are playing at it and haven't a clue how to run jobs and then say oh it takes this long when there is a room full of stuff and can't get to nothing and I have to spend 2 hours sorting a space to work for them to then say I'm taking to long

I was talking about the surface mounted box...

It's an old galv back box exposed when the plaster was removed. If you zoom in you can see the cable going to it is the old VIR cable. There was a shed load of that stuff in the walls and under the floors where it'd had a rewire sometime and been chopped off.

I think that's my problem I'm getting a lot lately I'm coming across these people who call themselves "builders" when really they are playing at it and haven't a clue how to run jobs and then say oh it takes this long when there is a room full of stuff and can't get to nothing and I have to spend 2 hours sorting a space to work for them to then say I'm taking to long

A lot seem to want to run several jobs at once, loose focus and cause themselves and everyone else heartache. Stuff that, life's enough hassle on it's own without creating more.

It's an old galv back box exposed when the plaster was removed. If you zoom in you can see the cable going to it is the old VIR cable. There was a shed load of that stuff in the walls and under the floors where it'd had a rewire sometime and been chopped off.

I'm not a builder or electrician but I do know what it is...