Former loft conversion.

Members online

Bricktop

Hi, just looking for a little advice if possible. I’m doing a loft conversion on my house in the near future and just putting costs together. The 1st floor of the house is pebble dashed and if possible I would like to finish the dormers face a cheeks the same way so it looks the same as the house. I will have this done by a proper spread etc. just after advice on, if it’s possible and the best way of doing it like cement board etc. Thanks Bricktop

Hi, just looking for a little advice if possible. I’m doing a loft conversion on my house in the near future and just putting costs together. The 1st floor of the house is pebble dashed and if possible I would like to finish the dormers face a cheeks the same way so it looks the same as the house. I will have this done by a proper spread etc. just after advice on, if it’s possible and the best way of doing it like cement board etc. Thanks Bricktop

is your dash painted

dash is to heavy for cement board and to much suction.
building paper, rib lath, prick up coat, scratch coat, butter coat then stone. if the dormers are small you may be able to miss the prick up coat.

You will need a manufactured render that is polymer modified . All the manufacturers will make the polymer modified base coat then get a dash receiver from the same manufacturer.

The dash receiver comes in various colours so pick one that is the closest to your existing render. As for the pebbles if you dont know what they are if you can get a good close up photo or hard samples, then contact Derbyshire Aggregates Ltd in Youlgreave Derbyshire. They will have them and can deliver from 1 bag upwards.

For the base coat, mesh, beads and dash receiver I can recommend Direct Building Products in Bradford, ask for Chris Ross. They might even be able to get your pebbles on the same delivery. They deliver nationwide next day. The material will probably be from K Rend.