Ford Transit

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucius

Ive got an 08 Transit and the cargo door has started playing up, wont open on the remote only when it wants to sometimes have to drive it round the block and then it will open cab doors are fine. Is there a way of opening the cargo door from in the cab? any ideas anyone.

Sometimes on mine the other doors will unlock with the button but the side door doesnt. I just lean on the back of the door( opposite end to the handle) and it unlocks

Have you tryed the key in the lock by opening the door then click it again? Should open all doors

Ile give it a try mate but both side and cargo wont open when it plays up, I understand why there isn't a key lock on the cargo door for security but ime surprised Ford haven't got a system for unlocking the door from the cab.

Have you tryed the key in the lock by opening the door then click it again? Should open all doors

Thats what I have to do as not got the remote, turn the key to open front doors once then again straight after to open the back doors & side door :RpS_mellow:

Ile give it a try mate but both side and cargo wont open when it plays up, I understand why there isn't a key lock on the cargo door for security but ime surprised Ford haven't got a system for unlocking the door from the cab.

You can Andy just open the window & lean out with the key that's what I do :RpS_wink:

I recently started using a connect so would image system will be the same I just turn the key in the lock twice now cos i got pissed off with walking to back or passenger side door not unlocking every time.

Thats what I have to do as not got the remote, turn the key to open front doors once then again straight after to open the back doors & side door :RpS_mellow:
Thanks Lee as said ile try that in the morning but my drivers side lock is a bit iffy but lets see what happens.

If for any reason they lock & can't open with the fob or the key there's 2 blue fuses under the steering column pull one out & back in it unlocks them.
Had it happen loads when only the passenger door opens
So pull fuse out & they all unlock when I put the fuse back in. :RpS_unsure:

Last edited:
Turn they key in the ignition eight times and it resets the locks. I have terrible problem with mine, sometime it won't lock other times it won't open.

Andy I had that problem. Turned out the idiot im marrying put my keys in the wash. Needed a new one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.