Ford keys??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Builderboi

Bit random to tpf but need a new set if keys to a mondeo dealership asking 250squid for a set, any one know cheaper places?

Cheers for any help guys.

I think you can buy the key templates online and get them cut using local locksmith providing you have the keycode, usually found in glovebox. Im not totally sure about this, we lost both keys to our van and that is what a locksmith told us. We didnt have to do it in the end as I found one of the keys in my 2 year olds bedroom hidden in a box of lego

Yeh I had that problem with my audi car last year. cost me over 400 quid to have 1 key that opens and starts the car. Internet search is the best way as luckily most vehicles dont HAVE to go through the dealership. Beware off buying on ebay for key alone. Theyre normally cheap fakes that cant be coded and they fall to bits.

Just get a similar key off ebay and get the code off Ford(£20 +Vat) then got to ya local cobblers and get the key you bought re-coded (£15)...........simples

The systems are changing all the time to try and keep it main dealer only. Older model keys can be copied. Newer ones will have to be plugged into a tech computer at a garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.