Forcing patina

Members online

Simon85

Know this has been covered before but searched couple threads earlier. Have had it soaking for over a day in the coke/vinegar mix. Took it out earlier dried it off, took most the patina off. What's the process when take it out. Do I let it dry itself so the patina stays on it, or dab it and risk taking all the black off again. Cheers

Know this has been covered before but searched couple threads earlier. Have had it soaking for over a day in the coke/vinegar mix. Took it out earlier dried it off, took most the patina off. What's the process when take it out. Do I let it dry itself so the patina stays on it, or dab it and risk taking all the black off again. Cheers
You’re G** and s**t

Diet Coke works better

Heat

I let them soak in cola and cider vinegar for a week then scrape off the worst, then soak in bicarbonate and water or this stuff..

Attachments

• PXL_20210415_154851715.jpg
    PXL_20210415_154851715.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 180
Trowel cancer. It must have been a faulty Trowel I don't know less than two days the underside is all dented and hollowed. 50/50 with coke and vinegar ‍♂️ I've got into them, never know might send me another one.....

Trowel cancer. It must have been a faulty Trowel I don't know less than two days the underside is all dented and hollowed. 50/50 with coke and vinegar ‍♂️ I've got into them, never know might send me another one.....
I bought two MTs and both reacted differently, I suppose it's down to the carbon content. I do see a difference in the steel