Forced-action pan-mixer: any advantage of 2.0kW over 1.1kW motor-power

Members online

Michaelangela

I need a forced-action pan mixer for an old cottage renovation - mortaring and rendering all walls and putting in lime and glypor floor. The options seem to be between a 1.1kW motor and a 2.0kW. The aggregate will be a sharp builders sand. Is there any advantage to the 2.0 kW or would that be overpowered? Any advice would be appreciated.

Best if you give a ring ces hire in high Wycombe, they have forced action mixers for resin they might be able to help

What lime are you using and how big is the project? You might consider the roller pan mixer and the stronger the better in my book

58 Metre square (outside dimensions) with 1 M thick double stone walls, hearted with rubble. So far (joint repair and dubbing out) I have used a conventional Belle/Honda mini-mixer. Now at the rendering stage the mixes take too long and not sufficiently consistent and reliable. Is it OK to mention brands here? The choice is between SoRoTo 1.1 Kw 80L pan-mixer and a Baron which has a 2.0 Kw of the same mixing-capacity.

Attachments

• IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 376
Both will do the job then. 80l might be too small I’ll go for 120 . personally will
Go with baron and will get the easy clean set.

Could you hire one for this project, by hiring you have the flexability of upgrading or downgrading. You can also decide if its worth investing in one, they are large bits of kit to carry round . CES hire will likely have the suitable model

Both will do the job then. 80l might be too small I’ll go for 120 . personally will
Go with baron and will get the easy clean set.

That's helpful. The 80L Baron has the advantage of passing through the internal cottage doors which are smaller than modern standard, and the adjustable telescopic legs will be useful on a mountainside site, where the floor-level slopes steeply.

Thanks to all for the advice. Off to negotiate!

You still on timber frame houses Bobby?

Yes mate it’s taken off in a big way down this way.
The majority of work we are carrying out is the Sas prowall cladding system
There’s a bit too it but it’s a good system through out
Bit of a pain trying to get the silicone finished in the colder months but we get there in the end!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk