For fucksake!

Members online

No members online now.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
First back using Multifinish this week after staying away from it for months.
Absolutely f**k**g awful shite.
First trowel, everything looks fine.
Second trowel, no water other than on the blade of the carbon steel trowel, f**k**g tiger stripes everywhere.
After thirty-seven years I'm second guessing and questioning everything I've ever known or done with finish plaster.
@BritishGypsum you are a disgrace.

Second trowel, no water other than on the blade of the carbon steel trowel, f**k**g tiger stripes everywhere.
After thirty-seven years I'm second guessing and questioning everything I've ever known or done with finish plaster.
Close the angle of the trowel I've found that helps a lot.

And a tad more water than usual

You'd think you'd have got the hang of it by now.

I’m still using pure finish , lovely gear and ain’t gonna stop , gone are my days of taking 50/50 gamble on multi,always know what I’m gonna get with pure , spot on material 2 flatten and a cross job done , tbh I had similar situation last year and just decided I had enough, just want to enjoy my work and have a sing along and stuff to radio

Hopefully one day in the not to distant future you will take me up on my advice andy mate and eventually say you know what Vince was right for once

Last edited:
Was one of the reasons for me ditching plastering all together. Plastering used to be effortless to get a cracking finish and it just got harder and harder, if I was still going I’d be all over that pure finish that Vincey uses.

Was one of the reasons for me ditching plastering all together. Plastering used to be effortless to get a cracking finish and it just got harder and harder, if I was still going I’d be all over that pure finish that Vincey uses.
Problem is finding somewhere that sticks it.

I'd love to give it a bash but can't get any anywhere

@Vincey if you're gonna redact your receipt, then don't use a see through pen. Just saying, like.
Thanks reeves tell them to phone bg while you are standing there most merchants don’t know there arse from there tits save this to get price as close as you can or the same mate
65A1ADD8-26C1-428E-B93B-C41A6E45BC7B.jpeg

Thanks reeves tell them to phone bg while you are standing there most merchants don’t know there arse from there tits save this to get price as close as you can or the same mate
View attachment 26523
Might just see what they've got to say

I'll have to put the pallet in the lounge like no space anywhere else

I'll tell the Mrs I've bought a new sofa haha

Just bought a full 21ft scaffold last week so that currently taking up all the space

Mind you I couldn't say no at £90

Might just see what they've got to say

I'll have to put the pallet in the lounge like no space anywhere else

I'll tell the Mrs I've bought a new sofa haha

Just bought a full 21ft scaffold last week so that currently taking up all the space

Mind you I couldn't say no at £90
My merchants are ok to keep it in once I paid for the pallet as long as I get it all gone within a few weeks or so maybe yours will too

Close the angle of the trowel I've found that helps a lot.

And a tad more water than usual
I tend to use the trowel closed down way more than most spreads I've ever known. It actually worked better opening the trowel right up.
All came good in the end, as usual, but boy what a lot of effort.

I’m still using pure finish , lovely gear and ain’t gonna stop , gone are my days of taking 50/50 gamble on multi,always know what I’m gonna get with pure , spot on material 2 flatten and a cross job done , tbh I had similar situation last year and just decided I had enough, just want to enjoy my work and have a sing along and stuff to radio

Hopefully one day in the not to distant future you will take me up on my advice andy mate and eventually say you know what Vince was right for once
I've never once doubted you that the Pure Finish is good gear Pete but I don't agree that I should have to spend so much more just to get a suitable material. If they can't make a decent plaster at the price of Multifinish then they should scrap it. That way merchants would have to stock decent gear and the new expensive price would just be the norm and, within reason, the same for everyone.

Is it the new aesthetically bags too?

Well if it makes you feel any better I’ve just kicked over a bucket of water while working upstairs next to a bay window. Just ‘popped’ downstairs to calmly ask for a mop and bucket... ‘oh just a tiny spillage don’t worry’
:frenetico:

Yep the new bags full of the same old shite Jess.

Can’t get this pure finish anywhere where I’m at. You can get close to another type of pure but will not go there :coffe:

British Gypsum states it’s the same gear just different bags. Board finish is perfect for me however I used multi today an it’s been fine. Must be something in the water

I’m finding multi so much better than what it used to be. Not saying it’s a great product but I seem to be able to get a much nicer finish and it seems easier to get flat and smooth with less work. I think the less trowels you give it the better it goes (y)(y)

I’m finding multi so much better than what it used to be. Not saying it’s a great product but I seem to be able to get a much nicer finish and it seems easier to get flat and smooth with less work. I think the less trowels you give it the better it goes (y)(y)

It’s still s**t gear though

I struggled with the last job I did... could not trowel it up nice... looked terrible when dried but I stuck a coat of paint over it and it was perfect

I've never once doubted you that the Pure Finish is good gear Pete but I don't agree that I should have to spend so much more just to get a suitable material. If they can't make a decent plaster at the price of Multifinish then they should scrap it. That way merchants would have to stock decent gear and the new expensive price would just be the norm and, within reason, the same for everyone.
Agree mate but all I’m saying as a friend to everyone on here is pure is a pleasure to use not a gamble
I want to leave nice work and enjoy my day
Even yesterday my mate said exactly what you are today
I wish you well on next gauge