fooooked

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes its a large 1930s semi nr the dairy on brinny hill im going to keel supply in the morning to get rendaid and beeds etc but going to sand and cement

Dont worry about it the job we are on the spreads have been using bond-it on smooth concrete then sand and cement for tiling i told them my concerns but they all said it was fine and this is from an old boy spread been doing it for ever :-\

I had often wondered about bond-it and render but never tryed it , only problem I can see is the render hanging all day.

this was mentioned on uk spreads a while ago ..........im not saying it wont work but i contacted bg and they said it was only for internall use

I have seen people dab over bond-it, or is thing common practice and I its just me that has never done it?

I see, so the general say so with this 1 is you can dab and hardwall over bond-it and skim of course.

madmonk said:
you can use it outside its silicone based

It's water based mate, that's why you can wash your roller out in water.
If silicone based you wouldn't be able to wash out in water as silicone & water don't mix.
So it's for internal use.

grand wizard said:
ive seen hardwall on bondit but they dont recommend it
Yep don't use bonding agents with hardwall, it says on back of bag.
Use bonding coat instead.

Oh rite i thought it was designed for interior use only. My mistake then.
Never had the need for using it ouside.
I know people who've used it outside for patching render,
don't think i'd use it myself though.

just read the knaff book they say when using there stuff (betacontact) on new concrete make sure to wash the walls down with soapy water to get rid of casting oil, boring i know but worth a mention

Its a bit pricey to use on the outside better off with rendaid or sbr slurry cheaper i think you can get an external pva as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.