fookin rapid skimming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brp

Does anyone else think that bg board finish and multi finish are setting too quick?
We mainly use board finish and it feels Like its setting quicker and quicker, but used some multi today on board and it went of like rocket fuel!
Anyone else agree or have I completely lost it?
:RpS_scared:
I'm guessing most of you will think I've lost it!

I'll check the date 2morrow but its nowhere near out of date. What about board finish, have u used much of that recently?

Does anyone else think that bg board finish and multi finish are setting too quick?
We mainly use board finish and it feels Like its setting quicker and quicker, but used some multi today on board and it went of like rocket fuel!
Anyone else agree or have I completely lost it?
:RpS_scared:
I'm guessing most of you will think I've lost it!

No mate I've had it to:RpS_cursing: kin nightmares. Do you 1 or 2 coat finish?

i had some today went of in about 15 min tried to save it but failed :-( got reskim the wall now ... bloody sick of the job im on no trade other than me ever turns up if ever doin far more work than i ment to be doin if it not freezing me walls its the stuff goin of think i having a right bad job lol

i had some today went of in about 15 min tried to save it but failed :-( got reskim the wall now ... bloody sick of the job im on no trade other than me ever turns up if ever doin far more work than i ment to be doin if it not freezing me walls its the stuff goin of think i having a right bad job lol

You on for a big contractor mate? Hope they paying you for all the extras.

no mate job for local property developer he OK to be fair knows i stripping wall paper fiber-glassing boarding etc to get it done on day rate pays me every fri with out me having to chase him lol but i were skimming when it were freezing inside (should have known better ) and it froze a couple of walls sorted em now though lol just annoys me when i having to wait for joiner plumber etc to first fix there bits and i having to pull my self back lol

no mate job for local property developer he OK to be fair knows i stripping wall paper fiber-glassing boarding etc to get it done on day rate pays me every fri with out me having to chase him lol but i were skimming when it were freezing inside (should have known better ) and it froze a couple of walls sorted em now though lol just annoys me when i having to wait for joiner plumber etc to first fix there bits and i having to pull my self back lol

Is it your developer friend not scheduling his works properly or the trades just not turning in? Im a developer myself and always make sure trades turn in on time. If they dont i replace them. Time is money after all. Glad to see He's paying on time though.
Know what you mean about skimming in the cold, i did that a couple weeks ago and had a little bit of cracking, had to strip n redo. Glad the cold snap has passed now by the looks of it though.

I have found multi going off too quick from one merchant and going off just right from another dont know why maybe how its stored , how long its been hanging about etc etc The stuff that does go off to quick tho can ussually be brought back after first trowl

Checked the date, 28.3.12 so its still well in.
We always 2 coat and to be fair only use board finish but unfortunatley there's 2 pallets of this s**t to use up on site, we was mixing it in with the board finish that we had left over and that was quite nice.
Oh well suppose we'll just throw it up the walls and pull our arms off trying to get it down before its brown!:RpS_angry:

Don't no what it is? some say bg accelerating it for winter months as people moaning how slow it pulls then. And then you get the same old ya waters dirty or ya drills to fast:RpS_angry: when you no last weeks 30m 2 coat set went smooth as f.ck an now your doing the windmill on a 10m hit. You got 2 pallets to go through i would get 5 bags with different dates on see what happens? if its better get bg tec out.

This sh1t gets us down on a daily basis!
We are working on a couple of new build nursing homes, they are identical size rooms and corridors and know how much we can handle. But every fooking pallet that turns up is different. We've all got a set routine that we know and use because hopefully everthing will be predictable. But if you have a winge about the gear your using its always something we've done! I would prefer the stuff to be slower so we could 2 slightly bigger hits and fook off!

Dunno about anyone else but I only use board finish and atm its hanging. I put 3 bags on tuesday and sat round for half an hour till I had to flatten it. Then another half an hour wait to trowel it then another half hour 40mins till I could finish it. Pisses me off

It's just the weather it would good if BG gaves us sachets to re***d or set the plaster quicker this would help us a lot me thinks.

Is it your developer friend not scheduling his works properly or the trades just not turning in? Im a developer myself and always make sure trades turn in on time. If they dont i replace them. Time is money after all. Glad to see He's paying on time though.
Know what you mean about skimming in the cold, i did that a couple weeks ago and had a little bit of cracking, had to strip n redo. Glad the cold snap has passed now by the looks of it though.
A bit of both relay mate he had some trouble with plumbers but apart from that i getting annoyed at waiting for other trades but hey ho i get paid for every day i there so its his coin he losing lol

i think its regional as im in the area and yes the stuff is flying off did a little 3 baga on friday on a stair case between 2 of us and we could barley keep up with it we just about finished it before it started bleeding out then 2 more trowels to polish happy days but fook me it went off like a biatch

:RpS_laugh: I warned everyone this would happen!!
Irish_spread tampered with the additive control dials in the British Gypsum factory in December.
The BG bloke told us all how it worked soon as he turned his back Irish fecked about with the dials :RpS_laugh:

been using multi for last 2 weeks with no probs, Got 30 bags today and its shite, taking 20 back tommorow. All is fine and dandy, slap it on lay down, first trowel then before you have time to wet cross its browning off like a good en....................fooked me right up today:RpS_confused:

Where you had yours from, ours was from encon.

Got if from CCF mate took it back and they have contacted rep from BG. He called me and has taken some of the bags up to there head office for testing and for there plasterers/technicians to use should hear the results Fri

Been using board finish the past few days and it's setting fast as fook in the bucket. Having to do smaller sets.

You gone on multi again?

I will do if the board stays like this. This bad batch was bought for us from a different merchants than we use. I'll try a few from our suppliers and see how it goes, probably be the same....

:RpS_laugh: I warned everyone this would happen!!
Irish_spread tampered with the additive control dials in the British Gypsum factory in December.
The BG bloke told us all how it worked soon as he turned his back Irish fecked about with the dials :RpS_laugh:

Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.