foilback plasterboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowhay

My girlfriend s dad (who is a builder) keeps trying to get me to dot and dab a wall in his house with half inch foilback. Iv never even tried to dot wuth it before. I keep telling him that it wont stick. He says hes seen someone do it before and its worked. It wont work. Im starting to question my judgement lol. I always heard mixed things bout dotting with the stuff. Can u or can u not???

My girlfriend s dad (who is a builder) keeps trying to get me to dot and dab a wall in his house with half inch foilback. Iv never even tried to dot wuth it before. I keep telling him that it wont stick. He says hes seen someone do it before and its worked. It wont work. Im starting to question my judgement lol. I always heard mixed things bout dotting with the stuff. Can u or can u not???

No you cant and there wouldnt be any point anyway

Exactly wat I thought. He keeps sayin its a north facing wall. Hes one of those builders that he thinks hes always right lol

He won't be watching will he :RpS_confused:

But it's a NO anyhow - foil-backed boards must be screwed/nailed on :RpS_thumbup:

And I'm only saying nailed cos he's a builder who'll still have 28 boxes of nails left in the back of his lock-up from 1978 :-0

If the wall is that damp and cold use a cheapish 30mm insulation board that has a foil and 20mm of polystyerene backing, that'll stick like shi te too a blanket.

Mix dry wall for 5 mins let in stand then throw a jacket spud in slightly whisk throw cheese in if you likethen foil back boards 100 percent will stick substrate trust me im a chef

Dont bother they will all fail. As said batton and screw (battons and daughter........and mother in law, nothing like a sportsmans double) if he still wont listen then there is only one answer you can safely get on here and thats write peado on his house and s**t on the doorstep:RpS_thumbup:

Dont bother they will all fail. As said batton and screw (battons and daughter........and mother in law, nothing like a sportsmans double) if he still wont listen then there is only one answer you can safely get on here and thats write peado on his house and s**t on the doorstep:RpS_thumbup:
Oh sheet on the doorstep,that hasn't been mentions for a while.a classic from the beano!sheet away my son,sheet for all your worth!

just show him mix a little bit of addy and throw it on the back of an off cut of board let it set then just tap it off for him to see, theres no arguing with that then is there

Status
Not open for further replies.