Foil backed plasterboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skimble

Need a sh*t ton of this for my loft conversion. Where's best bet to buy from and what price should I expect to pay? Cheers guys

Selco can be good. I find for a loft that the best thing to do is do a list of quantities and email it out for prices,

Does anyone think foil back boards work? Or is it a con

years ago we had a chalet bungalow it was fitted out in standard plasterboard, it was unbearable, hot in summer. cold in winter. i am sure foil backed board is best for rooms in the loft.

Thought they were for a vapour barrier,sure I've stapled plastic or a tyvex on the rafters and fix standard p/board , that was a long time ago don't know if that would be allowed now.

Not sure mate. Just followed the spec. Also did it on a ceiling above a swimming pool as per spec

Still is spec on some if you fit vapour barrier there is no need for foil backed boards to meet building regs unless it has change in the last 5 months.

In new timber framed buildings they do it all around ceilings and walls taping joints etc, I felt it was too flimsy to be effective but passed air test..

It's building regs to have foil backed plasterboard or vapour check then ordinary board.

I wouldnt bow................you might get more than you bargained for..............................:RpS_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.