Foil back wallaper

Members online

FreeD

Private Member
Went to look at a job yesterday customer had started stripping wallpaper, there was foil behind and a black residue.

What was this used for, heat retention? covering damp?

Thanks

It could be as @Builderboi said, or it could be that old nonsense about using foil to 'reflect' heat back into the room although that was mostly behind rads. It could also be damp proofing on the cheap using foil membrane which used to have a black adhesive.

I might be that the owner is/was a fcuking nutter who didn't want aliens or the government using mind control on him. It could also be that he was planning on some serious sh1t going down in that room and didn't want the Police to be able to see in using heat or IR cameras when the siege started. o_O

Some signs of damp, salts...buy feels dry to the touch...solid wall, external wall has this paper on, goes into the alcove.

Attachments

• IMG_5103.jpg
    IMG_5103.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 292
Went to look at a job yesterday customer had started stripping wallpaper, there was foil behind and a black residue.

What was this used for, heat retention? covering damp?

Thanks
I found the same on in my kitchen under wallpaper right were the rad was think it was supposed to reflect heat was a nightmare to get off!!!

Had this in a job couple years back damp proof paper the old fella told me he put it on years ago ,I wouldn't of fancied stripping it as it tears into little bits I just had to hack off and lime lite it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had this in a job couple years back damp proof paper the old fella told me he put it on years ago ,I wouldn't of fancied stripping it as it tears into little bits I just had to hack off and lime lite it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why didn't you tank?