Flooring

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPlastering

Any one know where cheapest place would be for tounge and groove flooring like the 2.4m x .6 ??? Cud have a lot of it coming up and cheaper the better , i know its not what every one does every day so i expect no one to know any decent places and rough prices lol

Dunno if this helps or not but, I have spoke to a few farmers up here who have been scotch boarding old barns with tounge and groove and they were saying they had got it from Derbyshire somewhere ? one of them even sent a tractor and trailer down the A1 to pick it up cos it still worked out that much cheaper ! will try and find out where for you but could take a while.

If you want to buy local your best and only option really is to ring all the timber merchants nordstroms or thompsons saw mill (not thompsoms builders merchants) in Sunderland were always reasonable and especially on big orders but i'm sure you could find one north of the water.

Cheers chaps a hadnt thought about howdons ave got a account there in all neva been used like fukin pests signed is up cos the seen me skip lol got sum freebies thou

I got roped into opening an account. asked the rep if he did drywall screws "aye marra we do shite loads". he gave me a howdens nappie which was masssive and loads of dust sheets for getting an account. So i popped into the warehouse one day and the manager says "we've never done drywall screws".......:RpS_confused:. asked how much the unibond PVA was and he quoted me £20 + VAT trade price............:-0 cancelled my account and threatened then with trading standards after been bombarded with phone calls and monthly flyers...............ideal having reps flying round the county pushing gear they dont even sell..............:rolleyes)

I got roped into opening an account. asked the rep if he did drywall screws "aye marra we do shite loads". he gave me a howdens nappie which was masssive and loads of dust sheets for getting an account. So i popped into the warehouse one day and the manager says "we've never done drywall screws".......:RpS_confused:. asked how much the unibond PVA was and he quoted me £20 + VAT trade price............:-0 cancelled my account and threatened then with trading standards after been bombarded with phone calls and monthly flyers...............ideal having reps flying round the county pushing gear they dont even sell..............:rolleyes)
They gave you a nappie?

toolbelt..............we call them nappies...................Beddy still wears nappies

What freebies? :RpS_scared:

All I get is fkin texts about 'mad pie friday' :RpS_laugh:

I played fook with them last xmas about a corner unit for a kitchen not in with the delivery and the branch manager rolled up 90mins later with the unit and a carrier bag with 6 tape measures, 6 beanie hats and 2 hands full of pencils :RpS_thumbup:. I have a cash only account with them and i divint get loads of text's or owt of them.

been finishing off a job up in swarland and the customers in-laws paid for there kitchen but it had to come from John Lewis, it cost 30k and looks like a B&Q kitchen.....................:RpS_laugh:. told them to got to howdens but the in-laws said it had to come from John Lewis

The job i've been on the last few weeks has had the 17k kitchen fitted this week so, seeing as we normally see and fit howdens etc 7 or 8k kitchens we were interested to see what 17k got ya. The kitchen got delivered last Friday and it was fook'n flat packed the fitter was on all day monday just putting the units together. The lad who's house it is is not happy we are calling it the MFI kitchen :RpS_lol:

They dont sell the flooring at howdons like thought they would got a wood place near me gunna pop in there in the mornin strange thought they wud must just concentrate on kitchens etc

They dont sell the flooring at howdons like thought they would got a wood place near me gunna pop in there in the mornin strange thought they wud must just concentrate on kitchens etc

ive bought flooring from howdens .......................... its in there catologue .................:RpS_confused:

A rang them up , u defo meaning the like loft boards aye ? She said they only did laminate :-s and a said no not like finishdd flooring the boards u put on joists and she said re we dont sell them hmm mite have to pop in, am guessing she wasnt a joiner or anything near ......

do you mean weyroc flooring?.....................................Cos they dont sell it marra...................:RpS_blushing:

howay man carl ya meckin us look like thick northerners......................:rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.