floating

Members online

Floating both sides of this wall, it has a 30mm bulge one side and 30mm belly the other from one end to other. Shocking blockwork, builder said ‘bend the plaster’
Lord above, give me the strength to carry on!
2D6602F1-59BA-4CF0-A2D4-7A210D665971.png
DD84A493-C3C0-4204-A7BF-C84BF614BC8E.png

hello all
havnt been on here for a while as i have hung me tools up (some would say thank f**k), and am now teaching plastering old school styley at a college ,,,,the teacher before me had taught the kids to start floating (hardwall,, sand n cement ie) from the left hand side of the wall starting at the bottom,,,,,have i missed something here or was he a complete prick having it off,,,,surely its top right work left right handed,,or at least start at top left work right,,,,thanks for replies
in a room start at left put box screeds on then fill in/ screed off put top on above the horizontal screed darby it in /rub up with wood float with nails in /cut angles out job done ready for finish coat

You didn't answer my question at all fact is if you can float you can float no matter how you look at it you are covering an area please explain what you are going to do in-between the two screeds at the end of a wall 10 meters long
All depends on the person when floating really long walls I box screed all around then drop a screed in the middle to break the wall up so it’s easier to get your wall level and flat in manageable sections

All depends on the person when floating really long walls I box screed all around then drop a screed in the middle to break the wall up so it’s easier to get your wall level and flat in manageable sections
Some people find it harder than others it's the same with everything a lot of plastering comes down to skill and experience with confidence being a big factor too

You didn't answer my question at all fact is if you can float you can float no matter how you look at it you are covering an area please explain what you are going to do in-between the two screeds at the end of a wall 10 meters long
You put a horizontal screed at eye level ish and a screed at skirting level and rule off the two horizontals :rolleyes:

In the 1980s and 90s ,you just chucked sand and cement on plenty of fairy liquid. On those light weight blocks. Half inch thick, ruled it off ,and float it quick. No screeds.