Floating Up

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

Any tips help? had a plasterer trying to show me 2 day but all i did was mess it up! he made it look so easy.. i get so angry cuz i cant do it! i try to rub in circles very very lightly and still catch the render and drag it .. i do no good at all!

well i tyed his old float on the same patch! and also let him use my'n .. i just cant get 2 grips with it.. is it a hard skill or am i dumb?

oasis said:
well i tyed his old float on the same patch! and also let him use my'n .. i just cant get 2 grips with it.. is it a hard skill or am i dumb?

both mate. dont keep going over the same spot. did you rule the top coat?

Just keep practicing oasis like any plastering skill its all about getting hands on and judging it like you would when skimming keep at it and you will be there in no time ;)

if it aint flat itll ull hit the high spots and itll dig in. make sure its flat and gone off enough. other than that, i dunno. it aint that hard if ur surface is good

oasis said:
Any tips help? had a plasterer trying to show me 2 day but all i did was mess it up! he made it look so easy.. i get so angry cuz i cant do it! i try to rub in circles very very lightly and still catch the render and drag it .. i do no good at all!
try floating in a figure on 8 motion then when its gone off abit do circular

What direction was you trying to rub up ? if you were going in circles was the downward part of the circle going into the your body or away from it ? was you working forwards or a backward motion ?

practice on some reveals first, use the bead or rule as you're working edge, lightly float the surface and fill the low spots with more material, you will find that if u too early it will not finish and too late it will be too hard and powdery. Use a bit of water if its gone too far but this may stain.
The float shouldnt be sticking to the material

sprayit said:
practice on some reveals first, use the bead or rule as you're working edge, lightly float the surface and fill the low spots with more material, you will find that if u too early it will not finish and too late it will be too hard and powdery. Use a bit of water if its gone too far but this may stain.
The float shouldnt be sticking to the material

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.