Flinnyman vs the skimming machine

I must admit seeing the machine in action I've always thought by hand is quicker, so yes I'm with flynny on this.

Brilliant thread ... This is definitely what plaster world needs go flynnybob go..
I'd donate £50 money in just to see it happen..

Gosh I hope that machine wins

depends on the area i suppose. big areas yeah machine.
small and with windows etc gunna be flynn. no taping up windows etc.

donations to a charity?!!!

Right so its game on Flinny has laid the gauntlet so whats the rules.
How is the winner decided

Is it 1 plasterer vs 1 guy spraying

Are we Starting a book on it
Don't think you've thought about this boss if the machine gets its arse kicked it's not good for business and knauf won't be happy with a fair race

Right so its game on Flinny has laid the gauntlet so whats the rules.
How is the winner decided

Is it 1 plasterer vs 1 guy spraying

Are we Starting a book on it
One long wall let's say that elusive 100m wall, eight foot high no windows on board, let's make it simple. I will do one on one or one plasterer one labourer and the plasterer is the only one who touches the wall :)

Don't think you've thought about this boss if the machine gets its arse kicked it's not good for business and knauf won't be happy with a fair race
Nothing to do with knauf this is multie :) I may even use extra time lol naa f**k that I don't want slowing down ;)

One long wall let's say that elusive 100m wall, eight foot high no windows on board, let's make it simple. I will do one on one or one plasterer one labourer and the plasterer is the only one who touches the wall :)

Misses the point a bit there flinny cos if u had 2 men on the spraying machine then id have the labourer fill while i trowel. A big straight wall is a doddle for the machine

Chances are u will both be polishing the final trowel the same time

I think what you need to prove is that you're way is better. Thats all and that includes finish quality.

Misses the point a bit there flinny cos if u had 2 men on the spraying machine then id have the labourer fill while i trowel. A big straight wall is a doddle for the machine

I think what you need to prove is that you're way is better. Thats all and that includes finish quality.

Isn't that what you need to prove ????!!!

Not really its said on many occasions a machine will replace a man but it's not doing that if you still need to pay a man. So what do you suggest? This originally started about spraying multie then went on to say it's faster so what's the race about? I've said I would beat it hands down and I guarantee a two and one would like embarrass the machine I thought I was giving the machine a chance by having one spread and a lab I would be happy for a one on one. This is not about me saying I'm fast as f**k or the best out there coz I'm not but I am good enough to beat any machine spraying multie :)

when hes not looking chuck couple sachets of extratime in his mix

Not really its said on many occasions a machine will replace a man but it's not doing that if you still need to pay a man. So what do you suggest? This originally started about spraying multie then went on to say it's faster so what's the race about? I've said I would beat it hands down and I guarantee a two and one would like embarrass the machine I thought I was giving the machine a chance by having one spread and a lab I would be happy for a one on one. This is not about me saying I'm fast as f**k or the best out there coz I'm not but I am good enough to beat any machine spraying multie :)

that makes sense.

i belive there is a time and place for a machine.

mono for.instance is a given to use a machine.

skimming i dont see the point in the machine unless theres a 200m wall or ceiling. but when will you get them.

go spreads:numberone:

I think all the pre Match talk is great, we need some stats like what's your reach weight and age,what machine you up against if it's the m tec 200 this fight could happen in a couple of weeks ;-)

I appreciate the trade is evolving and I understand the benefits a machine brings. But I'm supporting flynny. I love to hear of these machines blocking and f**k**g up.

I think all the pre Match talk is great, we need some stats like what's your reach weight and age,what machine you up against if it's the m tec 200 this fight could happen in a couple of weeks ;-)
Good point I'm only a short arse and I'm 44, about 13 stone. We could have a pre press meeting with me growling at the machine lol

It should be a bit of everything . Let say a room of 70 m2 ish , window, door etc. Start to finish that will include mixing cleaning , everything and last, but not least- 2 coats and quality of the finish.After all is what BG recommends and expects from today's spreads.

I appreciate the trade is evolving and I understand the benefits a machine brings. But I'm supporting flynny. I love to hear of these machines blocking and f**k**g up.
That's why I thought I would bring my own camera man with unbiased editing skills ;)

It should be a bit of everything . Let say a room of 70 m2 ish , window, door etc. Start to finish that will include mixing cleaning , everything and last, but not least- 2 coats and quality of the finish.After all is what BG recommends and expects from today's spreads.
And that doesn't mean how shiney it is ;) maybe a few of the other trowel and tool makers might want to get on board :) but be warned if you choose the wrong side it could be the end lol we have all the tools available with two of each and it's up to yourself if you want to use them?

And that doesn't mean how shiney it is ;) maybe a few of the other trowel and tool makers might want to get on board :) but be warned if you choose the wrong side it could be the end lol we have all the tools available with two of each and it's up to yourself if you want to use them?
Your thinking the 20inch supaflex is going to win you the day.

This scenario could easily be put together in a factory, all metal stud and boarded out with one wall missing so the crowds can see hahahaha just speaking to the 02 as we speak ;)