Flexible plasterboard.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

we use British gypsum Glasrok f, which has been on the market for years. you can bend it to fit any shape.

How flexable actully is it malc in tight radius etc

British gypsums Glasrok F is very thin about 5mm, it is very flexible, not cheap, smooth side to joists, skim the side with impressed half crowns on.
i have not used it on small works. the last time we used it was on the barrel ceilings in New Scotland yard which had about 100m sq on each ceiling.

I've used 6mm board for curves a few times. Can't remember the manufacturer. But was good to use, the spec was to to double sheet to a 12 mm thickness. Don't think it would be as flexible as the stuff in your link tho

the smooth side faces out it's smooth for jointing and direct decoration you also skim the smooth face.

I always keep a sheet of 6mm in the stores it's proper handy for window heads and reveals where there isn't the margin on the frame to stick an ordinary wallboard.

I always keep a sheet of 6mm in the stores it's proper handy for window heads and reveals where there isn't the margin on the frame to stick an ordinary wallboard.
Contour board it's called .it ain't as flexible as that in the video
That's stuff looks brilliant

i was talking about this the 6mm glassroc f multiboard that malc mentioned
Screenshot_2017-01-31-17-46-54.png

I'd like to find a job that needs it, or could be made to need it. Mind you, @Nisus face will be a picture when I tell him the boards have arrived and start unrolling them. :ROFLMAO:

I used the same it was called contour board we had to use it to cover a spiral staircase nightmare job it look fantastic finished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a rotunda in Maidenhead and the boarding on that is terrible... but watching the tackers try and bend fireboard round the tightish curve was quite amusing at the time :D

If anyone after a anything like this, let me know. I can manufacture these on or off site with m class extraction as standard, the boards can be curved to a radius as tight as 4", can create 45° or 90° corners as standard or anything in between 0°-180° from one piece of plasterboard, which means less taping as there's no cuts on the face of the board. Can create pre formed boxes, cases, bulkheads, ceiling details, shelving, shadow gaps, channels, light details etc.
Minimum material size 100mm x 100mm, at the moment can cut up to 6.4m length/width originals

If anyone after a anything like this, let me know. I can manufacture these on or off site with m class extraction as standard, the boards can be curved to a radius as tight as 4", can create 45° or 90° corners as standard or anything in between 0°-180° from one piece of plasterboard, which means less taping as there's no cuts on the face of the board. Can create pre formed boxes, cases, bulkheads, ceiling details, shelving, shadow gaps, channels, light details etc.
Minimum material size 100mm x 100mm, at the moment can cut up to 6.4m length/width originals
Do you mean the women, that would be quite a lucrative business, do you need a backer