flawless inspection.

Members online

No members online now.
I always take the pee out of my own plastering, although not perfect, I would like to think it stands up with the majority of skimming I see. I'm a fussy f**k*r with my other work and get frustrated at times with my skimming...constantly trying to get it better, but the question is, how good is good enough? You guys are doing this day in day out, where do you draw the line?

Am thinking though that they won't let you plaster under that light but will snag with that light like they do with halogen lights glad I don't do site work anymore

I always take the pee out of my own plastering, although not perfect, I would like to think it stands up with the majority of skimming I see. I'm a fussy f**k*r with my other work and get frustrated at times with my skimming...constantly trying to get it better, but the question is, how good is good enough? You guys are doing this day in day out, where do you draw the line?
I had a wall yesterday pulled in really quick but just kept on it then when I was finished had a quick coffee came up and looked really scabby when drying out couldn't feel them but the para sets in be alright when painted but just didn't look right when drying

I had a wall yesterday pulled in really quick but just kept on it then when I was finished had a quick coffee came up and looked really scabby when drying out couldn't feel them but the para sets in be alright when painted but just didn't look right when drying

I'm still an amateur when it comes to skimming Pagey, I'm still learning but like to take pride in my work. I get paranoid too, but a lot of the time, I get to paint my work, so I can always get the easifil out if I really have too. Did a couple of smallish jobs last week that was just skimming and the customer was painting. The first one was already painted when I went back a few days later to fit skirting and tbf looked good even though I noticed a couple of very small blemishes that I would have rectified had I been painting it, but that's just me being picky. Customer never mentioned anything and was very happy with the finish. 2nd job was a bathroom ceiling that was as rough as f**k before skimming. Blue gritted it the day before skimming and left feeling like I'd done a nice job. No feedback yet, but always in the back of your mind that I could get some comeback. Anyway, that's my lack of experience with plastering kicking in and wondering what the expectations are. I suppose in an ideal world we'd all leave a finish that was as flat and even as plate glass , but it ain't like that is it! :D

I'm still an amateur when it comes to skimming Pagey, I'm still learning but like to take pride in my work. I get paranoid too, but a lot of the time, I get to paint my work, so I can always get the easifil out if I really have too. Did a couple of smallish jobs last week that was just skimming and the customer was painting. The first one was already painted when I went back a few days later to fit skirting and tbf looked good even though I noticed a couple of very small blemishes that I would have rectified had I been painting it, but that's just me being picky. Customer never mentioned anything and was very happy with the finish. 2nd job was a bathroom ceiling that was as rough as f**k before skimming. Blue gritted it the day before skimming and left feeling like I'd done a nice job. No feedback yet, but always in the back of your mind that I could get some comeback. Anyway, that's my lack of experience with plastering kicking in and wondering what the expectations are. I suppose in an ideal world we'd all leave a finish that was as flat and even as plate glass , but it ain't like that is it! :D
But reality is no matter how much cock swinging that goes on we all have times where we struggle or can't understand why things are happening after 18 years in game I like to think I can do most tasks and can get over most problems but at times I've had to call up plasterers I've worked with for advice about how to go about certain things every day is a lesson mate

But reality is no matter how much cock swinging that goes on we all have times where we struggle or can't understand why things are happening after 18 years in game I like to think I can do most tasks and can get over most problems but at times I've had to call up plasterers I've worked with for advice about how to go about certain things every day is a lesson mate

That's nice and honest from someone with your experience Pagey...gives me hope :)

That's nice and honest from someone with your experience Pagey...gives me hope :)
I've met blokes been in game 25-30 years and some are rough as arseholes but I've met some in game for 2 years and are good so everyone got a chance just some get by some actually care I've done most areas we can work from big sites to the shop fitting side to the domestic side I've learnt loads but I'm glad I'm out of the site work these days

I've met blokes been in game 25-30 years and some are rough as arseholes but I've met some in game for 2 years and are good so everyone got a chance just some get by some actually care I've done most areas we can work from big sites to the shop fitting side to the domestic side I've learnt loads but I'm glad I'm out of the site work these days

Yeah, probably lots of jaded guys out there. I'm quite honest on here that I'm multi trade and will never pretend to be a bona fide plasterer. At the end of the day I think we're all trying to do the best we can and earn a living. I suppose life's too short to over analyse and get to precious about what we do for a living but it's always good to find a bit of common ground and learn from each other...none of us know all the answers!

Yeah, probably lots of jaded guys out there. I'm quite honest on here that I'm multi trade and will never pretend to be a bona fide plasterer. At the end of the day I think we're all trying to do the best we can and earn a living. I suppose life's too short to over analyse and get to precious about what we do for a living but it's always good to find a bit of common ground and learn from each other...none of us know all the answers!
Fair play to ya I do have a bug bear with multi trades ones who say they can do things and actually can't I like blokes who are handy but respect blokes who have done time learning and it's their only living

Fair play to ya I do have a bug bear with multi trades ones who say they can do things and actually can't I like blokes who are handy but respect blokes who have done time learning and it's their only living

That's fair enough Pagey...I respect that and can see where you're coming from. I use the term multri trade loosely as I'm not gas safe or part P but do a bit of everything. For me personally, learning a bit of skimming really helps when doing say a bathroom refurb, as it helps take the pressure off, especially when it's the only bathroom in the house. Any bigger jobs, I always try and get someone in such as yourself. It's not often worth my time anyway and I always like to network and help other trades out by passing work their way if I can. Cheers mate

That's fair enough Pagey...I respect that and can see where you're coming from. I use the term multri trade loosely as I'm not gas safe or part P but do a bit of everything. For me personally, learning a bit of skimming really helps when doing say a bathroom refurb, as it helps take the pressure off, especially when it's the only bathroom in the house. Any bigger jobs, I always try and get someone in such as yourself. It's not often worth my time anyway and I always like to network and help other trades out by passing work their way if I can. Cheers mate
:estudioso:
IMG_5742.JPG

Don't put yourself down mate, f**k the haters, multitrade is the future! :numberone:

I was at my aunts house at xmas that I skimmed over ten years ago, she has lights shinning down the walls and it's flawless. Just done my own house and I can see stripes when the light shines across a couple of the walls. I'm 100% sure that it's down to the multi, years ago it used to be effortless to get a perfect finish but plaster nowadays I feel like it's a constant struggle. Same technique, same trowels but finish is not as good.