Flattening first coat

Members online

No members online now.
I run over the 1st coat with a spat and usually mix fresh stuff for the 2nd coat .
I see RWF on youtube mixes 3 bags in a tub and uses the same tub for first and second coat , is the stuff not gone too stiff to spread by the time it comes around to the 2nd coat ? Maybe I'm slow ......

I run over the 1st coat with a spat and usually mix fresh stuff for the 2nd coat .
I see RWF on youtube mixes 3 bags in a tub and uses the same tub for first and second coat , is the stuff not gone too stiff to spread by the time it comes around to the 2nd coat ? Maybe I'm slow ......

For that to work you have to be quick. You have to mix it thin. And the first coat has to be very tight

Why don't you try and let us know? Will be interesting to see what happens!

For that to work you have to be quick. You have to mix it thin. And the first coat has to be very tight

Also depends on my mood. I’ll either break a room into 2 gauges of the same mix for each. Or 1 big gauge with 2 mixes

Why don't you try and let us know? Will be interesting to see what happens!
I might give it a go , I burnt a hole in my tub so I must order something that will hold a 3 bagger . No matter what happens sure a nap sponge will make a job of it anyhow

Also depends on my mood. I’ll either break a room into 2 gauges of the same mix for each. Or 1 big gauge with 2 mixes

If I want to crack in I first coat stuff then second coat with fresh gear but the also first coat more of the room then second coat the first coat the rest... like a rolling set.

It's hard work but it works to push jobs along...

I 99% of the time use a fresh mix for the 2nd coat and well

If I want to crack in I first coat stuff then second coat with fresh gear but the also first coat more of the room then second coat the first coat the rest... like a rolling set.

say again?

I always flatten mainly due to absolute shite skim over , f**k me today there was diabolical board work,expanding foam and patch bits of bone dry hardwall, got to the point on domestic now where even I had enough of skimming as every c**t thinks they can prepare a room
Hopefully I’ll survive the year outside

I always flatten mainly due to absolute shite skim over , f**k me today there was diabolical board work,expanding foam and patch bits of bone dry hardwall, got to the point on domestic now where even I had enough of skimming as every c**t thinks they can prepare a room
Hopefully I’ll survive the year outside
Expanding foam is a nightmare . The slabbers I work after decided to squirt it in every joint lately that they don't cut right , horrible horrible stuff

I throw my red shiny shoes on click them together saying ‘there’s no place like home there no place like home THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOME!’ At that point I have the customers dress on they walk in shout at me for no reason saying I’m a pervert but then I end up back home! Job done.

If you dont know then just give up. Is it just me or the colleges not doing there jobs these days.??

Around here the Building Control guys request fire rated foam be used to fill the board gaps in partition walls, even double boarded ones.
For Tapit - just copy RFW speedskimming
easy huh? And eat the biscuits before the dogs do

throws 2 bags away
full of shiit mate

Around here the Building Control guys request fire rated foam be used to fill the board gaps in partition walls, even double boarded ones.

lol what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

should be titled ..."how hard can I skim a wall"

should be effortless.

after 20 years mate it should become natural.
rolling sets are useless unless your in a gang.

plastering shouldn't be painfull
its timing and technique....not just skimming all plastering Danny ....

them rolling sets will only kill you the next day.

7 bags out of buckets. f**k that

I for once want to see the finish of any top top plasterer like him. That's the second video of him I am watching and if you think this is bad , find the one he teaches how to do thin coat render- that's shocking. You never put my trowel down through the whole set, let alone loading the hawk. Laying on with plastic is the biggest f**k up to start with , the skirting line is f**k*d to. It's a pain only watching him.

@algeeman put a video up and get it sorted ffs:numberone:

RWF sponge floats so maybe he just coats straight on top of first coat? I normally flatten between coats and mix fresh. I used to second coat straight over and flatten first coat as I was moving along. A guy I worked with years ago put his first coat on so neat it looked like it had been flattened already, i never mastered that technique though.