Flattening first coat

Members online

Only if your catching the right time and laying in wet on board or flat background IMO

If you let the background pull in it grinds through and looks wanky and if your a slack c**t it can show through

This is why scrim shows through or if there is a big gap in boards it needs to firm up otherwise you get a shadow/lump when painted.

This is why scrim shows through or if there is a big gap in boards it needs to firm up otherwise you get a shadow/lump when painted.

Thought Scrim shows cause not enough gear on. If laying in with the same gear I’d fill out first if gappy boards

No practically never. First coat as near as possible and second coat it before it pulls in too much and you are sweet

No practically never. First coat as near as possible and second coat it before it pulls in too much and you are sweet

I mix 2nd coat very very thin...flatten 1st best I can, then whizz over with 2nd use half as much - if that - do it twice as fast.

Fag. Finish.

I'm not really sure I understand two coating out of same bucket.

We have a labs, mix one bag buckets. Usually a fresh bucket for double coating. We split rooms so usually first coat first room then double coat it, then split next room. If it's sitting soft first coat all four walls then drop back double coat

I mix 2nd coat very very thin...flatten 1st best I can, then whizz over with 2nd use half as much - if that - do it twice as fast.

Fag. Finish.

I'm not really sure I understand two coating out of same bucket.

That’s the “right” way to do it.

Same bucket is very tight first coat, lay in same gear. Wet it up a bit if needed before lay in. It’s a much quicker set.

Right, I'll break it down. We have labourers, who mix in 1 bag buckets. Split rooms (opposites) so do the two walls and double coat them, before moving to the next room, unless the first coat is still soft/wet and will sit long enough to coat the other 2 walls in next room before dropping back and double coating. Hope that helps x

tenor (3).gif

Right, I'll break it down. We have labourers, who mix in 1 bag buckets. Split rooms (opposites) so do the two walls and double coat them, before moving to the next room, unless the first coat is still soft/wet and will sit long enough to coat the other 2 walls in next room before dropping back and double coating. Hope that helps x
Say again?