Flat render Sponge finish

Members online

No members online now.

mark1988

Sand and cement render after applying final coat and flattening can you come back the following day to sponge up or will it have set too much?

Cheers in advance

Finish it the same day it’s put on.Get it on early in the day this time of year,rule it off and float when ready.You could be waiting a while.

Sand and cement render after applying final coat and flattening can you come back the following day to sponge up or will it have set too much?

Cheers in advance
Are you sitting there on your phone waiting for your render to go off @9pm

Bit late in the day.Another thing is this time of year fcuk all sun out so some walls don’t get any sun at all during the day.I’d put them on first to give them every chance.Worse thing u can do is panic and try to finish it when it’s not ready.I’ve been in this situation.

Bit late in the day.Another thing is this time of year fcuk all sun out so some walls don’t get any sun at all during the day.I’d put them on first to give them every chance.Worse thing u can do is panic and try to finish it when it’s not ready.I’ve been in this situation.
Thanks for the advice mate. I have done rendering a number of times before with a mate who knows what hes doing lol never taken as long as this. Im staying indoors from now on haha

Thanks for the advice mate. I have done rendering a number of times before with a mate who knows what hes doing lol never taken as long as this. Im staying indoors from now on haha

I've got a solution for you mate let it set then let them choose a 1.5mm silicone colour and go over the top with that!

Maybe could I bar it in the morning, I made a bodge of a dwarf wall with ocr few weeks ago , it was still soft at 7.30 pm at night and was cold ,went back next morning and I bar made it spot on

Maybe could I bar it in the morning, I made a bodge of a dwarf wall with ocr few weeks ago , it was still soft at 7.30 pm at night and was cold ,went back next morning and I bar made it spot on
Its still soaking. I dont have such a device im afraid

Oh well mate you’ve no need to worry .....10m2.....scrape it off. Do it again on Sunday....prep well, start early, rule it “open”.... let it pull in before you float, drink tea......then sponge last thing.
Good luck.

Oh f**k that mate . I had the same s**t day today using XXL extra time monochrome. Couldn’t be arsed anymore and left it hanging like a booger . See how it is tomorrow.

Thanks for all the advice guys im just going to hang it out. Hopefully be away in an hour or 2. Digging deep last week before christmas

I will be honest mate i am not sure about this as i say rendering isnt really my game. Are you talking about that k rend gear?

No paint it's basically a silicone based paint with a grain hand applied and rubbed up...

Will cost you around £60 for a tub that covers aprox 10m2...