flasks

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
im fed up with going through the cheap metal thermus flasks so ive treated myself to one of these little beutys
http://www.completeoutdoors.co.uk/Aladdin-Stanley-Classic-Bottle-1.0L
they wont break trust me! theres nothing to go wrong on them no push bottle top etc just unscrew it and the metal on the body looks and feels three or four times as thick as standard flasks .........sorry lads bit sad this one but apart from a decent skimming trowel this is the next most important tool ;D

I got the thermos work flask its about £30 but had it 4 years and its still serving up red hot coffees at 4pm .. brilliant

must have had a dud mate mine was still burning my hands 8 hours later ............12 tins of thorn dont help though think i might of been pouring it wrong :-\

if youre on a domestic job just get yerself a t shirt with 'coffee two sugars' written on the back..
they soon get the message..

have you ever been on a job and been offered bugger all?............i did at my next door neighbours ;D...did it for a oner a day too!

used to get it all the time on council jobs years ago..
woman with a bout 6 kids all sat lined up on these big settees ready for the afternoon matinee (me doin the big lounge window) with a cuppa each... never offered me one... sweatin me knackers off too...
id got p'ssed off with em by this time so i said 'i'm legally bound to ask you to leave the room whilst i do this for health and safety reasons'..
'ahhh be alllriiooght mate you carry ooooonnn'...
so rather than jemy the big old crittle out nice and tidy i went outside and just stuck me estwing through every single pane of glass... openers the lot...
soon f'ckin moved ;D
builder mag few years later was havin a competion to win t shirts for all the lads with whatever brew they drank..
didnt win it but i nicked the idea and got a couple printed up... works a treat trust me.. ;D gets a laff outof the miserable f'ckers too..

we always got a kettle and cups in the van. fed up of risking my life with the dish water they dish up. has anyone found somewhere where you can buy 110 kettles, they charge a bug load on ebay for them form the states . we did try and boil a kettle on 110v. dont bother, 4 hours later your still waithing

need to be in the states mate ive been looking for a 110v sandwich toaster and theres bugger all ..........if anyone goes on holiday to the states can they please bring back a kettle and sandwich toaster ;D

get a camping stove and a little camping kettle...
you can get 12v-240v inverters but i reckon a kettle would eat the van battery..
think you can get a 110-240 converter too but any good jenny should have a 240 on it anyway, just get a pigtail... still take ages to boil a kettle though.... i was running a 240 pigtail off an old one once for the 240 mixer, had a radio plugged in the extension and decided it was brew time...
jenny was takin ages so i went and adjusted the throttle up so it was bouncing around and it blew the f'ckin radio up ;D

that reminds me...
never charge cordless gear off a jenny...
had a brand new 18v dewalt sds when they first came out and stuck the batteries on the pigtail..
set fire to the f'ckin charger :mad: gutted...

I was working with a plumber years ago and he had a kettle running off a 110v, he got something out of a florescent tube light and connected it up worked a treat, it was like a little white box it had to be a converter of something but he reckoned you could connect anything 240 to 110 using these things.

yep quality flask. had mine for 14mnth still keeps it boiling. got little burner though aswell n a whistler kettle n a 10ltr water bottle. never go without a cuppa

Status
Not open for further replies.