Flash then hang

Tinytom

I'm sick to death of bg plaster. Done a celing today, nowt major about 12/15 sq meter, onto fresh boards the first coat was setting in the bucket after about 30/35 mins nearly bust my balls laying it on flat. Second coat from a different bag and it's hanging like f**k. Been up there a good hour and it's still not ready for a dry trowel, I got all the bags new yesterday from Travis boards the same. Why can't they make a product that is consistent after all these years? It seems to be getting more and more common for s**t gear now days, I moved away from multi because that was pure shite now it seems board finish has gone the same way. I posted up about a few bags of board flash setting a few months ago and bg replied I sent them all the serial numbers from the bags etc and never heard a word back. Should of been a nice steady Friday but they'd f**k*d that up for me today. Rant over have a good bank holiday weekend

Let me guess you could have done it in 29. Cock.
That's not the point, the point is the finish was going off in half an hour

Just for the record that was from a 4ft hop up because Iv lent my battons out, and the celing rolls down on 2 sides

I think it's the board sucking up a little quick.. Maybe. I wonder if a light spray of water will fix? Seen post saying that it's board sucking to quick. I don't do much over board myself

2nd coat should always hang longer than a 1st coat!

Also plaster should be going off on a bucket after 30 minutes!

Don't really get the thread tbh...though yep totally agree BG plaster is absolute dogshit!

Has been for yrs now!!!

I get it now and then mate.

I've came to a conclusion now.

multi is shite use board finish.

also gear will always pull in faster if your using it out a bucket. always use a spot and stand were ever possible mate

To be honest I used to always use a spot even on smaller jobs but lately Iv just got lazy I suppose and it's 1 less thing to get out the van carry upstairs set up clean etc, I'll give myself a boot up the ass and start using it again. See if it helps

Tinytom why dont you use durafinish or spray finish or pure finish or unifinish as they are bestest plaster ever out there and are really easy to get hold of tbh?

It took you 30 mins to put on 12m2 of plaster ??
I.m terrible no idea how big 12m 2 is .I.ve never priced a job by measuring up. Always walking in looked round . Assessed how long it would take . Added a bit . Does this make me bad lol

I.m terrible no idea how big 12m 2 is .I.ve never priced a job by measuring up. Always walking in looked round . Assessed how long it would take . Added a bit . Does this make me bad lol
2 sq meters in an 8 by 4 board.
No I'm pretty the same unless measured I'd say the majority don't measure up on price per sq meter