Fixtures and fittings

LarryTheDecorator

Hi all

Bit of an odd question, but I hope you can provide insights!

With all the houses you go into, and what you see, what makes an expensive house compared to a normal mid-market house, as in fixtures/fittings/decoration etc? Has there been any constant thing that has caught your eye?

I ask as I'm 2/3 through renovating and doing my best to get a high end finish, but have nothing to compare it with - apart from estate agent photos :endesacuerdo:

Any help is defo appreciated

Hi all

With all the houses you go into, and what you see, what makes an expensive house compared to a normal mid-market house, as in fixtures/fittings/decoration etc? Has there been any constant thing that has caught your eye?

I ask as I'm 2/3 through renovating and doing my best to get a high end finish, but have nothing to compare it with - apart from estate agent photos :endesacuerdo:

Oak doors and woodwork to me makes a house look high end.

Ah, interesting that (thankyou), I'm actually installing some woodwork in the house through-lounge arch, making it into a feature

Doors are awful, they are the generic hardboard type, so am routering out designer patterns in to them that I copied from high end doors

Oak doors and woodwork to me makes a house look high end.

I tend to imagine a house ripped out a see what I can do to make the money on it :)

If I was to sell I would make it so it inspires the buyer to do something... because what is your taste may put others off

WTF... Tight buggers... I've got up some real nice chandeliers that looks smart, once sold I'm going to swap them for the generic white types

I guess that's how the wealthy stay like that...

Job other week couple moved in 400ish house previous owners took all the lightbulbs

I'm painting all walls and putting in a feature wallpaper wall, so to show all walls are good, nice clean sockets/light fittings, new carpet + underlay, all designer type doors and all ceilings flat, crispy white

I tend to imagine a house ripped out a see what I can do to make the money on it :)

If I was to sell I would make it so it inspires the buyer to do something... because what is your taste may put others off

large bifold doors the complete back of the house,.
a double story conservatory that opens up into the kitchen on ground floor, with a swept glass staircase to the lounge on the first floor, with a bay so that you can overlook the whole conservatory. built in glass, stainless steel and black marble floors and kitchen worktops.
all of the garden hard landscape and plants rented so the garden contractor tends and waters every thing .
all glass widows imported from USA, to keep heat in , reflect sunlight out.
a completely clear ground floor, with a large box in the centre that hold flowing walls so that you can alter the size of the rooms when ever you need to.

Think I've seen that one on grand designs!

large bifold doors the complete back of the house,.
a double story conservatory that opens up into the kitchen on ground floor, with a swept glass staircase to the lounge on the first floor, with a bay so that you can overlook the whole conservatory. built in glass, stainless steel and black marble floors and kitchen worktops.
all of the garden hard landscape and plants rented so the garden contractor tends and waters every thing .
all glass widows imported from USA, to keep heat in , reflect sunlight out.
a completely clear ground floor, with a large box in the centre that hold flowing walls so that you can alter the size of the rooms when ever you need to.

Hi all

plain repro cornice work keep away from dust catcher shapes

Hi all

Interior design does make a huge difference and can be done to a high standard but still be cost effective, loads of info available on this about colour and texture contrasts and what works in certain area of the property. Stairwells and halls should be considered with particular attention......
.... speaking of huge differences
..that's what we're hoping for with our current fundraiser..
Only takes a minute..
https://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/check-out-these-prizes.73937/

Did a job for a guy who had a jet engine from a meteor in his garage. It was on a rig bolted to the concrete floor. It was fully operational cant remember how much he said it cost to run for 60 seconds but it was pretty hefty. It was a thing of beauty the craftsmanship impressive.

Hi all

Glass, steel and light oak.

To me now a days seems more about the gadgets
True. Amazon Alexa thing controlling the full house, velux windows which close automatically if it rains. Induction hobs. Granite worktops. Pop up power points. Hive/nest systems. Speakers in celings. Boiling taps. The list goes on

And those things are connected, listening 24x7, no way...

True. Amazon Alexa thing controlling the full house, velux windows which close automatically if it rains. Induction hobs. Granite worktops. Pop up power points. Hive/nest systems. Speakers in celings. Boiling taps. The list goes on

B2B6C78C-C8C9-45DF-A161-7B3E5AB086FC.png
94D75652-ECFE-4617-A026-AD1E99678F7C.png
5438045D-4EE7-47A0-8231-82E57DE65E70.png