Fixings for mineral wool

rt88

Currently on a job where the spec is 14 fixings per board after being stuck on with adhesive. Feels like it's taking us forever, has anyone else done any this excessive or is it more common than I think? 600 x 1200 boards.

Currently on a job where the spec is 14 fixings per board after being stuck on with adhesive. Feels like it's taking us forever, has anyone else done any this excessive or is it more common than I think? 600 x 1200 boards.
Usually 5, 6, or 8 pin, depends how it was spect due to pull out test

14! what system?

we do 8
It's a sto system but I believe it the engineers spec, its 2 rows of 4 in the middle then one where every board meets. I don't really do much boarding, mostly just the render but to kick-start bigger jobs we jump on at the start.

@14 is like bullet holes @surely issue with board
@ substrate peppered with holes too.. @ clowns with specs .....
@rock wool is corners & middle @5

How I would read that spec. 2 rows of 4 . after you have fitted the adjacent boards 1 mushroom to hold both boards. If that is the spec they are paying for.

That can’t be right, most likely 8 per square metre which is standard 5in each board
8 per square metre is what we normally do, the usual fixing pattern we use it 2 in the middle of the board and where each board meets

How I would read that spec. 2 rows of 4 . after you have fitted the adjacent boards 1 mushroom to hold both boards. If that is the spec they are paying for.
This is our usual spec but they want 2 rows of 4 instead of the 2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230112-111555_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112-111555_WhatsApp.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 83
This is our usual spec but they want 2 rows of 4 instead of the 2
That looks pretty standard. Your contract must have failed on the pull test.
After you have fitted the mesh have you got to pin all around the perimeter?

That looks pretty standard. Your contract must have failed on the pull test.
After you have fitted the mesh have you got to pin all around the perimeter?
It's to replace a rail system that had failed, I think they've just went overkill because of that. Taking forever pinning it with 2 men