Fixing rendering mesh

Members online

Ian-s

Hi all
I'm going to be rendering over painted brickwork, will give it an SBR/cement slurry and bed mesh into the scratch coat.
I'm going to fix it to the brick and would like to know what the best fixings are and do I fit them on the day I do the scratch coat or the next day.
Thanks

Hi all
I'm going to be rendering over painted brickwork, will give it an SBR/cement slurry and bed mesh into the scratch coat.
I'm going to fix it to the brick and would like to know what the best fixings are and do I fit them on the day I do the scratch coat or the next day.
Thanks
Does an SBR/cement slurry properly adhere to paint?

giphy.gif

You mean fibre mesh or stainless expamet. If fibre I believe you can pin it with ewi plugs next day .

for painted brickwork you need to purchase Parex Perinter, bed the mesh into the Perinter and lay a tight coat over the mesh.
if you think you need to secondary fix plastic mushrooms the same day. knock them home fully and lay Parinter over the mushroom so that it is bedded in properly.
you want be able to get the mushrooms home properly the next day.

Thanks for the advice, I'll get as much paint off as possible, it's fibreglass mesh going into sand/cement.
It seems a good idea to pin the scratch coat same day and cover the fixings with a bit of mesh and slurry.
Cheers

Not really that's why I'm asking for advice. Having thought about it I'm going to hire a wall scabbler which will remove the paint and key the brick. If there's no suction then I'll slurry, scratch coat with mesh and pin it same day if I think it needs pinning.
Job done.

prep is the key to success in any render system new or old! Get as much off as possible before yo go ahead with any system (y)

Not something I know anything about, so for my edification - so why don't you pin it to the wall first, then coat it? Why guess and pin afterwards if its maybe not bonded?