Fixing Fermacell Boards

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanUnder

Starting a job monday with these boards. We've tacked loads of normal boards there already on a price. Just wanted to gauge opinion on how to charge for fixing these. i.e. double or triple the price or just get a good day rate. What would those of you who've used it before do if you were asked to do it again?

(some of these walls are massive, long and 6m high and will be done from a tower scaffold) !!

Reading that back through, I think I know the answer!
Still keen to hear other experiences on fixing side of things though

Fermacell sell screws for their boards. Simple. We did a school fit out last year with metal stud and fermacell linings. I would say treble your normal tacking rate. Heavy to use and hard to cut. Use a skill saw will speed it up with a multi blade on it.

yeh we just fitted some at a DeMulder site at Nuneaton, strange place full offf dead animals, we were contracted to dab em then mechanically fix (yep totaly wrong andwe told em, but hey were only plasterers what do we know)

Did a large bungalow last year. If you are using the square edge boards you will need to use the Fermacell Joint stick on the edges and trim off when set. Collated Fermacell screws are available but @ £18 a 1000 aren't cheap. The quickest way to fix would be with a 38mm staple which also leaves a cleaner hole to fill if being finished with Fermacell jointing products. Tapered edge boards don't need to be glued as the joint filler does the same job as the Joint Stick in the tapered edge. I suggest you charge at least double your tacking rate. I'd charge a minimum of £5 a metre. I bought a Hilti circular saw just for the job and attached it to a vacuum as the dust is not nice. You will struggle with a hand saw and knife.

As for fixing them on a 6m high wall, F@*$ that. I hope you have good life insurance.

Last edited:
yeh we just fitted some at a DeMulder site at Nuneaton, strange place full offf dead animals, we were contracted to dab em then mechanically fix (yep totaly wrong andwe told em, but hey were only plasterers what do we know)

Had to read that again about the dead animals, then i realised you were in bandit country paul and it all mad sense..............:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.