Fixing edging beads

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
With skim, nails, spray contact adhesive, gripfill, staples.What do you use?? :RpS_biggrin:

Don't try and nail a bead to an already plastered angle mate, it's asking for trouble. Instead use an adhesive method as detailed below.

Come on guys give this guy a break. He's taking a lot of flak on here lately!
You don't see people refusing to give advice on car forums because the askers aren't mechanics do you? Let him get on with it and make his own mistakes.

Thanks for the reply ad86. I have explained my situation in my other post as to why I'm asking for help. I have used many forums over the years, fire service, diving, computing, reefing im on most. and I believe that the helpfulness of people on such forums have got me where I am today with my job. I love helping people as I know most of you do. I would even work for free if it ment helping some one less fortunate out. Did I just hear a "gasp" what work for free.........But out of all the forums I have been on I have to say this is the worst I have ever joined for "KEYBOARD WARRIORS" you know who you are and you should be ashamed. Does anybody actually moderate this site?
Don't try and nail a bead to an already plastered angle mate, it's asking for trouble. Instead use an adhesive method as detailed below.Come on guys give this guy a break. He's taking a lot of flak on here lately! You don't see people refusing to give advice on car forums because the askers aren't mechanics do you? Let him get on with it and make his own mistakes.

If your useing board beads and reskimming I use the nails from the clips used to fasten cables to walls.

If beading over existing I either use left over skim from the first mix or recently I started using panel pins straight through the bead rather than the holes.

Thanks for the reply ad86. I have explained my situation in my other post as to why I'm asking for help. I have used many forums over the years, fire service, diving, computing, reefing im on most. and I believe that the helpfulness of people on such forums have got me where I am today with my job. I love helping people as I know most of you do. I would even work for free if it ment helping some one less fortunate out. Did I just hear a "gasp" what work for free.........But out of all the forums I have been on I have to say this is the worst I have ever joined for "KEYBOARD WARRIORS" you know who you are and you should be ashamed. Does anybody actually moderate this site?

Sorry i was flying through some dodgy airspace in my Learjet on the way to Nigeria to pay a ransom for one of my friends father, as he didn't have enough in this months wage packet.
As regards moderation there is a report button feel free to use it , or you could just tell your mummy the nasty men have been picking on you

Sorry i was flying through some dodgy airspace in my Learjet on the way to Nigeria to pay a ransom for one of my friends father, as he didn't have enough in this months wage packet.
As regards moderation there is a report button feel free to use it , or you could just tell your mummy the nasty men have been picking on you

once everyone has finished smashing her arse in

:RpS_lol:

i dont mean this in a bad way, but you can really tell whos been on site/in the trade for years by the way they react to a bit of an insult. its like this everyday on the job. when i work with stolen stilton he spends most of the time telling me he was banging my mum last night. now if i reacted like most of the pussies i'd run home and cry my eyes out. or, you take it on the chin and come back with something twice as bad, have a laugh and get on with your ******* day.

children are starving in africa and people are complaining because they get a bit of banter. jeez.

oh and i had a go on your mum aswell kidda. shes bang tidy!

The mods on here are mint you all deserve a pat on the back Dannys a bit of a patient chap too

Thanks for resurrecting this year old post Charlie ! Never seen it, before my time on here.. But the guys were in top form. .... Keyboard warriors pmsl:RpS_lol::RpS_thumbup:

If its proper answers you want , experment or british gypsum tech support will help,
here you can pick up tips with banter thrown in.

What more could you ask for on a free site.

Status
Not open for further replies.