Fixing bellcast beads

Members online

Pretty much always nail lath on and set them with mortar when scratch coating. Any beads we nail just use Don coyote nails (I know that isn't spelled right, they are coighotes or something)

we fit a batten to get a straight line, then place the drip bead stuck with ceramic tile adhesive.

IMG_1204.JPG
Stop beads put on a job in Dublin last week by the builder himself.The standard in Dublin is shocking,It seems the more valuable the property the worse it gets.It's not even lead under it but some sort of rubber.I was watching him doing it and he did'nt give a fcuk.

View attachment 19170 Stop beads put on a job in Dublin last week by the builder himself.The standard in Dublin is shocking,It seems the more valuable the property the worse it gets.It's not even lead under it but some sort of rubber.I was watching him doing it and he did'nt give a fcuk.
That is s**t... who goes over it though? Is the builder doing the render?

First time I did a job for him,no problem with money but rough.I dashed it for him after.I wanted to put two scratch coats on but he would'nt hear tell of it.I was doing it on daywork and finished the job.I told him he was rough but he just laughed.

View attachment 19170 Stop beads put on a job in Dublin last week by the builder himself.The standard in Dublin is shocking,It seems the more valuable the property the worse it gets.It's not even lead under it but some sort of rubber.I was watching him doing it and he did'nt give a fcuk.
Damn sad I remember when paddy was King of the building world

I was in Dublin last week and the place looks like a s**t hole with everything rendered and mucky as f**k, fair enough I was in ballymun :) I use the nails out of the wire clips :)

It's just Dublin. There is no standard on 90% of the jobs there.
Why is that? No clerk or works down there or what's the Craic. Not like the property is sold in the cheap, should be good prices on it, enough to leave it good and still make good money you'd have thought....

Why is that? No clerk or works down there or what's the Craic. Not like the property is sold in the cheap, should be good prices on it, enough to leave it good and still make good money you'd have thought....

It's all small builders doing extensions all over Dublin. You wouldn't believe the s**t that gos on. No clerk of Works on them job's. Even the dubs say it will do it's Dublin. No s**t.

It's all small builders doing extensions all over Dublin. You wouldn't believe the s**t that gos on. No clerk of Works on them job's. Even the dubs say it will do it's Dublin. No s**t.
Thats s**t that. Mistakes can happen, and nobody is perfect, but tradesmen should take a certain degree of pride in their work and have certain standards that they keep to themselves. The problem everywhere is the good ones get their prices driven down by ones that don't give a f**k and leave a hash. Greedy builders wanting it done for as little as possible no matter what shape it is. Sad.

Thats s**t that. Mistakes can happen, and nobody is perfect, but tradesmen should take a certain degree of pride in their work and have certain standards that they keep to themselves. The problem everywhere is the good ones get their prices driven down by ones that don't give a f**k and leave a hash. Greedy builders wanting it done for as little as possible no matter what shape it is. Sad.

I did a job about 3 to 4 years ago for a builder. I want to see the job. 1 room was skimmed. It was bad. I said to the builder if I do this job for u I'll reskim that room. Why he said it's fine. I just said it's up to u. He said my plasterer is out with his back. I just said look if I skim the rest of the house it will show that room up. It's fine he said. I just said no problem but don't think your client will see it that way. He just said they don't know what they are looking at. I got the job. Skimmed the house and did the sand and cement out side. All the other trades and foreign Labourers commented how good the work was. But the builder never said anything. Anyway got paid no problem. 2 weeks after I get a phone call. I need u to come skim that other room. I said am busy it will be about 2 weeks. He said I need it done as soon as possibl. I just said you should have done it when I told you to. I then said look I'll do it Saturday to get you out of a hole. Did it. Got paid. He has never used me again. I reckon he was back using the other bloke that was trying to plaster. Some c**ts just don't want good work. And that is Dublin on most jobs.

IMG_5858.PNG
That actually looks like someone has fallen asleep under the black sheeting and they've just beaded over him!

He was probably pleased with himself after that one.

Yes a lot different. Iv even seen dubs out my way do good work. Then back in Dublin do s**t work it's just mad

Yes a lot different. Iv even seen dubs out my way do good work. Then back in Dublin do s**t work it's just mad
You'd think should need be decent standard in city too for word of mouth counts surely. Surely rough c**ts won't get as much repeat business, or will end up with a bad name, whereas if u leave good obviously get better name and more chance of recommendations?