Fixing badly applied, dry, lime plaster

Members online

SadruddinW

We had walls plastered on a straw bale wall by people who said they knew what they were doing.
So... We now have a mainly flat but occasionally messy, crumbly, easily scratched wall surface, not buttered up to the surface, and when I try to sand it, it just scores scratch marks into the plaster.

If it was only one wall, I'd probably scrape it off and start from scratch, but it's several.

What I need is something which will stabilize it, fairly deeply, and allow a decent top coat by someone who knows how to do it.
Any thoughts AT ALL would be most gratefully received.

We had walls plastered on a straw bale wall by people who said they knew what they were doing.
So... We now have a mainly flat but occasionally messy, crumbly, easily scratched wall surface, not buttered up to the surface, and when I try to sand it, it just scores scratch marks into the plaster.

If it was only one wall, I'd probably scrape it off and start from scratch, but it's several.

What I need is something which will stabilize it, fairly deeply, and allow a decent top coat by someone who knows how to do it.
Any thoughts AT ALL would be most gratefully received.

@martinemj

How did they apply it.....
By hand or hopper sprayer ?

What was the mix ....made onsite or in bulk bag
How long has it been on ....

Where abouts are you

Sorry for the questions

Thanks
Martin

Could you take a picture of the wall

It will answer many questions ..

Ok so it been on a while...

I have applied a finish in past to walls that were base coated seven years previously but I did need to spray walls 3 or 4 times ...

Not sure what you mean about how it's been left for you ...should be left floated (nail)

Any loose s**t off dg27 primer then top coat if that’s what your asking otherwise off n start again! Simples (y) Don’t you do it though otherwise you be on same boat(y)