Fitting out vans

peterroberts

just got myself a new Mercedes Vito, well by new , I mean new for me, I seem to remember someone on here added a false floor to theirs that they could get boards under, but I can't find the thread, anyone give us a hand finding it, just looking to see how they did it, and any advice as to where I can get racking made that's not going to cost a fortune, I can knock some together myself, but looking at something a bit better than the bog standard plywood, preferably something I don't have to start drilling holes everywhere to fit. Thanks in advance for any help provided

Ive a false floor in mine. Did it myself. Use two lengths of 6 x 2 either side with 18mm ply on top and 12mm ply on bottom. Just for rigidity. With the 6 x 2 crossways at the end nearest the cab like closing off the end and then beneath the 18mm at centre and end nearest tailgate. Its like a raft thst just slides into van. Will get some pics tomorrow. Think of a pallet but with ply. Very sturdy.

Got any Chipie pals that need some plastering doing, could swap for some carpentry. That's what I did.
Is it the v6 Vito?

It's a 113 LWB Vito, Some pics would be great Maester, as I say the one guy I saw on here who had done it had posted pictures etc but I just can't find the post, I'm nearly positive it was on here anyway.
good call on the joiner though, will ask around the lads see if someone's after a bit of work