Fitness

Members online

MIXERMAN

Do u think plasterers r fit enough without the gym. I started a hall stairs and landing yesterday and all that climbing about .today I feel every muscle is sore ist that enough exercise.

Do u think plasterers r fit enough without the gym. I started a hall stairs and landing yesterday and all that climbing about .today I feel every muscle is sore ist that enough exercise.
No. don't be fooled into thinking this job will make you fit. You are sore today because you are weak and out of condition . That is the reality of it . Just saying . Level 3 P.T qualified .

Seriously though. Theres gym and gym. Depends what you’re doing there.

I think plastering will keep you fit in the sense you’re very active, will also work numerous muscles. But it won’t increase your cardio vascular because you’re not really getting the heart pumping.

Seriously though. Theres gym and gym. Depends what you’re doing there.

I think plastering will keep you fit in the sense you’re very active, will also work numerous muscles. But it won’t increase your cardio vascular because you’re not really getting the heart pumping.
Then you have fell for the myth.

I was always told you’ll never see a fat plasterer. And until I joined up here this was true lol
I know plenty of fat tradesmen withave poor lifstyle's who sit all day and tell you how fit they are because of there job. The old saying that hard work never killed anyone is bull. But that is my opinion.

I know plenty of fat tradesmen withave poor lifstyle's who sit all day and tell you how fit they are because of there job. The old saying that hard work never killed anyone is bull. But that is my opinion.

I agree. But I’d bet they’re still fitter than inactive people with the same lifestyle

I thought blokes went to the gym to look at women
I've always done other things to get a variety of exercise , biking is pretty good
See, you’re getting it

wife helps with heavy breathing exercises and also keeps my ears fit

I was always told you’ll never see a fat plasterer. And until I joined up here this was true lol
Saw this guy the other dayin his plastering van. His front suspension was struggling more than the back. I honestly don't know how he would manage to get about at work

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-24-09-55-22-201.jpeg
    Screenshot_2019-04-24-09-55-22-201.jpeg
    821.2 KB · Views: 327
I do Thai boxing 3 times a week mixed with working and eat a good diet don't drink much anymore, still like a cigarette every now and again but f**k it I'm not going to the Olympics, don't lift weights do all bodyweight exercises, I like to stay a lean think the big muscle gym look is G**!

@essexandy can confirm this.
Back years ago when I was on proper site work, f&s, screeding, rendering, skimming ceilings all without a labourer I was fit as f**k. Work doesn't give you a cardio workout? You've never done the work I have then. You mix, hod in and f&s a four bed house on your own or mix barrow in and lay 80sqm of screed and your heart gets pumping I'll tell you.
I went to a step class with the Mrs once and said "is that it? I do that for seven hours a day".
Domestic plastering is never going to keep you properly fit. It's just not hard enough or varied enough.

Plastering exercise but you’re used to it. You’re working the same muscles all the time which can throw you off balance and cause problems.

I need to do more exercise after work. I love swimming but not been in a while. Must correct that!

We still all must burn an extra 500 calories+ a day compared to someone at a desk. I wouldn't class myself as fit but did a 10k last year without having gone in a run in years, and did it in 50minutes (I realise that's still slow) but finished mid pack and beat alot of people in running club vests and s**t. I did it in Astros and footy shorts haha

It’s a combination of all the lot I guess, even if your grafting, if your drinking every night and or eat poorly, your a heart Atack waiting to happen. you can still be skinny and have a cholesterol level through the roof.

Back years ago when I was on proper site work, f&s, screeding, rendering, skimming ceilings all without a labourer I was fit as f**k. Work doesn't give you a cardio workout? You've never done the work I have then. You mix, hod in and f&s a four bed house on your own or mix barrow in and lay 80sqm of screed and your heart gets pumping I'll tell you.
I went to a step class with the Mrs once and said "is that it? I do that for seven hours a day".
Domestic plastering is never going to keep you properly fit. It's just not hard enough or varied enough.

Definitely agree the old school spreads are animals. Big respect to them. This is one of the reasons i do domestic.

No....I'm work fit but that's it!

5 mins 5 a side dad v lads and I'd want to throw up!!!
Agree your body gets used to it. Ultimate fitness level to me is fighting fit. You can get fit but its another level . Fighting for three mins is hard work

Avoid the gym , just imagine your pulling or pushing , you won't strain a muscle

I am meant to be training but its just not happening... I am sooo tired that purposely getting more tired is not appealing....