First Venetian job

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJack

heres some pics of a house im working on in Hale. There are 2 different shaped ceilings that have 2 rafaello base coats and 2 mother of pearl top coats and sealed with lacquer. My camera has played funny bugger with the colours in the pics though so when the house is complete i will get some good finished pics

Putting on the RMP

heres a close up of the finish

Plenty of kit for job in hand

corridor to pool in basement has half pillars which are done in kratos then will be coloured to make ardesia finish.

corridor being sealed

will get more pics on as job progresses

yes and no. its more high end stuff. House im working in is worth 6-8 million the foreman tells me. Lots of work out there you just have to find it. commercially you will get it in bars, clubs restaurants etc. Domestically its more people with lots of money

looks excellent mate, ive done a bit with oikos gear seams to work well. have you done any coccio work, that gives a nice finish. have you tired there trowels ive got a couple very sharp, looks like your using a spatula must work well looking at the pics.

Used watins lux satin lacquer. Bluebells recommedation for the finish used. I use an oikos trowel just had to use a spat to get in above the coving where a trowel wont fit. Also use spat for putting small edge payterns in the coats. Using phone to type this but will put some more pics on tonight of the ottocento we got done today. looks lovely

heres a close up of the columns that seperate the walls in the pool entrance corridor. They are done in kreos and paint finished in ottacento 3 shades darked than the wall. the columns will get one more coat on monday

view of the corridor. walls have a background emulsion colour and a first coat of ottacento troweled up in a nice velour effect. these will get one more coat monday too

a good angle of the wall column and fancy french stone staircase.

Jobs all finished now. Walls are lacquered and end mother of pearl walls (red) are waxed. Heres some pics

close up of end radius with column and toilet door

end radius. there is another the same at other end of corridor

close up of mother of pearl

Main stair radius base colour

main stair radius complete. the pink base colour grinns through in places. This is 2 coat ottacento with lacquer applied qith spray gun

Site foreman, construction company owner and building owner extremely happy with the end result and this house alone has opened up doors for other new build properties in same area

Where did you train mate?

Whitefield, Manchester. There was a thread on here about the course training including pics of sample boards you learn and come away with but sadly for reasons unknown it has been removed. If your interested just google venetian plaster training manchester and there is only one place that comes up

Status
Not open for further replies.