first official plastering job monday

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

widdow

Afternoon guys

I have got my first official plastering job monday, and feel a little nervous, any tips on how not to screw it up?, I have done loads of work for friends etc over the last two years but this is the first one for a proper customer, it is a standard size bedroom, nothing particular hard,

Thanks in advance

well done mate it is gud feeling when you start doing jobs by yourself...what you gotta do then?? ;)

it's just a bedroom matey, standard size, hopefully only take me a day? charging £200 all in (all including materials, go price a!!

just crapping it a little, I've done loads of work for friends and family, but this is the first proper customer

make sure you bead any external walls sheet the place out good brush your edges in properly n be as tidy as you can a take a small hoover cos it tydies any mess up quickly job dun

good luck, bit of advise if it takes longer than you thought dont rush, go back the next day and leave a good job. This is were your reputation starts, dont worry about the money your gonna get quicker in time but a bad rep is hard to put right.
Most customers look at the floor before they look at the ceilings and walls, keep your beads clean, also give the sockets and switches a good clean and if there is skirting and archy keep them clean.

As flynnyman says reputation is every thing, good luck with your first job. Me im just waiting for my last one ;)

If it's your first real job and you think you'll get it done in a day...don't be surprised if it takes a little longer.
When I started out I used to plan which walls I would hit in order and how many gauges it would take. Thing is, it never goes exactly to plan, especially if your working without a labourer. It might appear straight forward but something always seems to crop up. That's the joy of plastering  :-/

Take your time on your first couple of jobs as they will determine which path you'll take in the long run. Slap it on cowboy or a fine spread! Mmmm, that was deep   ;D

one tip..........be clean! even if your plastering is not spot on then as long as your very very clean, I mean when you finish, no plaster on floors, windows and frames, skirting or anything, even if it takes another hour to get the places spotless, just make sure its clean and no plaster foot prints outside makes you look very untidy....thats all :D good luck

i thought i was a good plasterer then i got put in a room 2mx1.5m with a stupid tower with guard rails around it doing s/c one coat with a 2.2m + a 3 foot straight edge all site manager suck co*s for rocks put youre hard hat on fu*k off how am i not going to make a mess on those stupid things!

Status
Not open for further replies.