First little mono help plz gents

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SpankySouthport if using Parex Monorex then put Microgobetis on aircrete blocks first.

Cheers buddy, using webber pral, used SBR..

It's on 2 passes ruled, tight coat few mm over beads then spat..

Hoping that's right :-/

Back crack of dawn tomorrow to scrape it back :(..

Rain due tomorrow late morning please be right weather man!!

Is it possible to scrape back in the rain in guessing not like as I would think it would go like paste or something..

Only a little office in garden 17m2

Last edited by a moderator:
Spanky if it rains so what get it scraped !thats if its ready done some dashing in the rain the other day did it wash of?wasnt getting paid enough to look!lol !!

Do I need to sbr thermals?

Going to fully mesh just so I can sleep lol
Using weber ,there was no need for sbr mate ,full mesh i agree , weber would state rendaid which is for low suction ,ie smooth brick ,or if you have a large m2 and you want to kill the suction , then rendaid , which must be applied at least 48 hours before topcoat of mono

Using weber ,there was no need for sbr mate ,full mesh i agree , weber would state rendaid which is for low suction ,ie smooth brick ,or if you have a large m2 and you want to kill the suction , then rendaid , which must be applied at least 48 hours before topcoat of mono

Cheers Keith, im bricking it just had a look at a few other posts about webber pral m!

Cracking!!!

Not gonna sleep tonight I can see it now!!

Don't want to ask this as it will play on my mind but, I started coating it at about 2 and finished about 4-4:30, I'm gonna get back there for 6am and give it a scratch, is that to long? Is there anything I should watch out for or be aware of?

Cheers Ben

Cheers Keith, im bricking it just had a look at a few other posts about webber pral m!

Cracking!!!

Not gonna sleep tonight I can see it now!!

Don't want to ask this as it will play on my mind but, I started coating it at about 2 and finished about 4-4:30, I'm gonna get back there for 6am and give it a scratchier , is that to long? Is there anything I should watch out for or be aware of?

Cheers Ben
Your be fine ,have you got the next day scratch ? thats the small tooth sharp one , go over it with that first ,then use your I section to take out any high points if needed ,walk in the park mate ,sleep well :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited:
Spanky sounds like you might as well CAMP THE NIGHT there! 6 in the morning dont get paid enough for that go @ 8 if its hard just scrape harder! It will be fine ! Didn't want to go down accelerator route this time of year for same day scrape?

If there is no heat loss then you be ok. What you need to watch for is lime bloom . Rain shortly after finishing causes lime bloom even if you cover it up.

Spanky sounds like you might as well CAMP THE NIGHT there! 6 in the morning dont get paid enough for that go @ 8 if its hard just scrape harder! It will be fine ! Didn't want to go down accelerator route this time of year for same day scrape?

Haha I can see me now clock watching all night! I didn't supply or spec it, got dropped on me this morning said I would go take a look etc and with it only being small and wanting to get a little taster as it my first one I took it on!! I'm flat out ATM as well needing to get everything tied up for Brittany!!

It's for a property developer so the usual carrot dangling malarkey was going on again not really bothered I've heard it all before plus busy anyway

Got there no mesh so had to go get that, no primer had a bit of sbr in the van lucky enough

I've seen you men talk about the accelerator but didn't want to even think about that with not knowing the product

@Rigsby what do you mean about losing heat? As in the weather dripping ?

It's not due to be cold round here but rain in forecast for tomorrow I spoke to a mate on way home and he was telling me about lime bloom could occur if wet within 48 hours, he said it will go after 12 months though not that that's any consolation :-/

Anyways need to switch off what we be will be :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
Heat loss would be heat lost through the walls of an occupied house with the heating on.

Did he get up on time? Did that you tube video work ?what if his missus decided to come across in the bedroom @5 to six !all will be reavealed

Haha looks ok just ok, I'm not 100% happy with it but customer is made up..

Know exactly what to do next time though..

Got paid and legged it lol

Did you get any halos?

What's halos?

Got a couple of air pockets that I filled In with dust mixed with a bit of h20, tbh don't like it, don't like how so much can go wrong I feel I was just lucky, using the material and scrapping it back I can see exactly how and why people get so many come backs from it!! Yet people still think it's dead easy chuck it on dead rough and scrap it back bla bla bla..

I prefer the the bucket coat finishes least you know where you at with it if only the beads looked better

haha the last bit of k rend i did fella sprung it on me in the morning when i got to the job and was adament it wassnt goin to be scraped back the next day......ended up just fair faceing it like normal render cos it wouldnt go off and he wouldnt listen, looked properly dog when i see it couple of weeks later and it was on a shop front

Status
Not open for further replies.