first ever room in a day

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 29624

I know people will take the piss but posting it anyway...as we all know im pretty new to all this and managed to put on a full room and ceiling on my own today...ceiling a wall and fireplace front, then all the rest second set....managed 6 bags on my jack......very good sense of satisfaction tonight even tnough my arm feels hammered...let the piss taking commence:) I f**k**g love this job, cant believe I sat behind a desk for 12 years....@theclemo you need to find the love again

Wait until you have to use bath brush for your back and shoulders:inocente:

But that's another story. I can remember that feeling finishing a room on my own- sweat as the third time I had s*x:D

Wait until you have to use bath brush for your back and shoulders:inocente:

But that's another story. I can remember that feeling finishing a room on my own- sweat as the third time I had s*x:D
Im so dirty all the time ive given up on washing so not a problem....i groaned to sit down for a s**t this morning if that counts

I know people will take the piss but posting it anyway...as we all know im pretty new to all this and managed to put on a full room and ceiling on my own today...ceiling a wall and fireplace front, then all the rest second set....managed 6 bags on my jack......very good sense of satisfaction tonight even tnough my arm feels hammered...let the piss taking commence:) I f**k**g love this job, cant believe I sat behind a desk for 12 years....@theclemo you need to find the love again

Well done pal!!

Now here's the most important bit to learn and remember just because your speeding up don't give away/pass the cost benefit to the customer!!!!

Meaning make sure your charging for 2 days but reap the benefit of earning it in 1 day!!!

That's a good day in domestics mate don't listen to all the heroes sooooo much more to plastering in domesticscthan throwing it on....

Ivecalmost skimmed new build houses out as long as its taken me to sort out some foookin living rooms in domestics and I ain't foookin aboutvat that!!!!

Well done pal!!

Now here's the most important bit to learn and remember just because your speeding up don't give away/pass the cost benefit to the customer!!!!

Meaning make sure your charging for 2 days but reap the benefit of earning it in 1 day!!!

That's a good day in domestics mate don't listen to all the heroes sooooo much more to plastering in domesticscthan throwing it on....

Ivecalmost skimmed new build houses out as long as its taken me to sort out some foookin living rooms in domestics and I ain't foookin aboutvat that!!!!
I do have a dirty confession though....i dropped an extratime in the second mix:aburrido: im so ashamed

Well done pal!!

Yes, done some jobs for landlords and the fecker s are still in bed asleep, let alone the the room being cleared out.

I made over 700 today I had lads boarding for and 2 gangs skimming and me doing sand and cement. I'll not lie i still f**k**g hate it :aburrido:

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Good at plastering if you can afford a hot tub:)

Can't beat a good hot tub.......hey @Marshy

Makes you think about the lads that do that every day,

Do it almost every day and I wudnt have it any other way..2day ive done domestic for a builder 1 bag of skimming,boarded a hallway ceiling and done a under stair soffit with mesh etc and I've fcking hated every minute of it..took me a hour to hoover up as builder left me a vac with no head on it..lodan like zombie said if ur doing that on domestic charge at least double..dont lower urself like Vince and skim rooms out for 1 days day work..:)

congratulations ------- keep up the good work (y) still a bit to catch up to scottie 20 bags :inocente::inocente:

congratulations ------- keep up the good work (y) still a bit to catch up to scottie 20 bags :inocente::inocente:
I did think about scottie when I posted it:) every bit of mine was with my 14" marshalltown...no speedskim, super duper eze plazzie spatula flex:sorprendido3:

Do it almost every day and I wudnt have it any other way..2day ive done domestic for a builder 1 bag of skimming,boarded a hallway ceiling and done a under stair soffit with mesh etc and I've fcking hated every minute of it..took me a hour to hoover up as builder left me a vac with no head on it..lodan like zombie said if ur doing that on domestic charge at least double..dont lower urself like Vince and skim rooms out for 1 days day work..:)
It's easy when I don't have to Pva :bailando:

At the end of the day it doesn't really make any difference how much you do, but how much you make for the amount of effort you put in(we all have a wage we expect to make per day/week)
I can earn what I need to per day only putting on 3bags but if I had a hot tub with them 3 in I would only do half that.:numberone:

I do have a dirty confession though....i dropped an extratime in the second mix:aburrido: im so ashamed
I did think about scottie when I posted it:) every bit of mine was with my 14" marshalltown...no speedskim, super duper eze plazzie spatula flex:sorprendido3:

Best way mate...

If lay on neat first coat don't need a flatten with a speedskim.

Lay 2nd coat on tight don't touch until needs touching.

1 pass
2 pass after tickling edges
3 wet pass

Leave dry pass until day end not even needed just good habit for domestics as the unaware associate feeling smooth with quality which is bollox.

I've been there with the speedskim and plazis even spongefloats and all you do is end up adding more processes...

Whenever I use speedskim and other stuff i still end up troweling the walls as many times so I've fuuucked them all off!!!

Maybe on plasterboard every blue moon I'll FAFF with stuff but only because its low suction and I start fannying about...

Another thing all these gizmos are great but when the shits hitting the fan your smallest sharpest steel trowel is what you go to first every time!!!

Well I take it all back, thought id get the s**t ripped out of me for this post....cheers lads for going easy(y)

Well I take it all back, thought id get the s**t ripped out of me for this post....cheers lads for going easy(y)

Nah mate not at all any room done in a day taking into account sheeting,beading,PVA,scrimimg cracks, fetching materials and tools through house, fetching water out of baths,kitchen sinks, shiftingbitsvof crap that shoulsntbbe there unscewing sockets switchesvetc, scraping artex....

Blablabla the lists foookin endless mate!

Even if im skimming a box room I always say allow me couple of days...not for 1 minute cant do itvin a day but sometimes just nice to prep and load out and wet works next day!!!!

Likevi always say I never see sparkys and plumbers running around like an idiot!!!

6 bags??? I'm lucky I'm passed the stage of wanting to do loads now just take my time and charge what I think top man for that though lodan your love for it is still strong keep it up