first day using my new ritmo L

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

so today was the first day using my ritmo L.with a few years plastering experience under my belt,but no experience with any kind of machine,i was under no illusion that we could just turn up and press a button and the machine would just start spraying the kit on the wall!!
after a few hours on the phone to ian up @ pft wales,we we`re finally away,although started spraying at 11.30!!! to be honest not alot of dollar was earn`t but good to get the first day out the way.
we have 3 0r 4 bigger jobs lined up in the nx month,so such see her come into her own!!

youll soon get into the swing of it,
theres always teething problems at the start, youll then get to the stage of looking back and thinking how did you manage plonking gear on by hand.

i hope so owl`s.to be honest ian was top draw talking us through the set up.not easy over the phone but we got there.there so much to think about compared to chucking gear into the mixer.i suppose each material is different.used cpi today.its alot creamer than the s&c we normally use so that will take a bit of getting used too.the sun was on one panel and that was`nt that great to float.wots weber`s ocr as a finish coat to use?

your get there mate trust me ,but i think you might have to buy theblones a new set of trainers ,it is not buying the machine ,it is the back up you need , you have that ,good luck mate

i hope so owl`s.to be honest ian was top draw talking us through the set up.not easy over the phone but we got there.there so much to think about compared to chucking gear into the mixer.i suppose each material is different.used cpi today.its alot creamer than the s&c we normally use so that will take a bit of getting used too.the sun was on one panel and that was`nt that great to float.wots weber`s ocr as a finish coat to use?

are you sure mate?

I cant tell a word that fkr says ont blower

To be fair tho, if your into rendering you just did the best thing you will ever do getting a pump. Blones is a good lad too, he will help thee oot if tha needs a tip quick time like.
likes fire though

It will take a few month but you will get up to speed just keep with it even when u do look like a right dick when you have messed it all up.

You learn from mistakes and usually make them more then once.

so today was the first day using my ritmo L.with a few years plastering experience under my belt,but no experience with any kind of machine,i was under no illusion that we could just turn up and press a button and the machine would just start spraying the kit on the wall!!
after a few hours on the phone to ian up @ pft wales,we we`re finally away,although started spraying at 11.30!!! to be honest not alot of dollar was earn`t but good to get the first day out the way.
we have 3 0r 4 bigger jobs lined up in the nx month,so such see her come into her own!!

Was it CPI for external rendering?

Where are you based? I would like to see a Ritmo L spraying CPI. Weber OCR is ok to spray. Make it a bit wetter than you think you should.

yeah cpi outside.i scratched it in november with normal s&c without waterproofer in so it pulled in in places.also i sprayed thicker than i needed to.i suppose that will improve as times go on.if a bag is supposed to do a m2 two coats,how thick do you guys spray each coat?

hey Bobs give us your first bit of helpful info regaring your experience.
What were the setting you used on the Ritmo L for CPI GPM i.e. speed,water,bar pressure

right hopefully i will get this right!!.i was running on speed 9.the flow was on 185 and the bar was 15.i got into a bit of a pickle trying to get the bar up to 15.got a bit confused with the flow(water).it took a while to get to 15 bar,and alot of buckets of mixed gear!!when it got there,and stayed there, team sprit went through the roof!!!

I tend not to worry about the pressure reading. You want CPI wetter then u think as it sprays nicer then and tightens up in about 5 -10 mins then takes ages to go hard.

I was pissing about with trying to keep it at a set bar reading at first and in the end thought duck it and concentrated on what the gear actually looks and feels like when it on the wall. In the end of the day that's what the gauge is telling you.

CPI on ritmo M speed 10 water 275l/h

it was stiffer than i wanted to be fair but did`nt start spraying till 11.30 so time was running out.what time would you finish spraying cpi currier as a rule? do u rule flat,ready for floating as you go?

Yep curriers advise is sound there....consistency/time to work the material is more important than back pressure. When everything's going good and your on song....take note of the reading then.

With CPI have someone behind ruling off after as soon as posssible.

Im spraying internally at the moment so we are stopping a few hours before the end of the day spraying. I'm literally knocking it in to shape and devil floating best we can.

Then coming back next day and I beaming it of to pick up any doggy bits. Running a cutting tool round the corners, beads, ceiling lines and skirtings. Leaves it all nice for setting.

Externals you want it on asap as it needs rubbing before you lose the light. Unless you wanna be brave and ibeam, scratch back next day and rub it up which I am convinced would be ok. Been doing little test walls internally and it looks ok.

thanks for the info.allways good to hear it from guys who know the material.im not a fan of leaving the rubbing up till the next day tbh.although i know sometimes there might be a section that has to be left due to the panel being damp prior to application.i know once we get a system in place we will be ok.got a good team behind me also.

Curry I left some a couple of yrs back overnight and it's a bit brutal in the morning. Out of interest why are you beaming the internal rather than just floating it before u leave? Surely it just makes it grainy as **** for skimming??

Ah mr mc grump. I'm usually on here when I'm on the greyhound between cities. Iv gotten from la to Florida to dc so far. All is good. I don't miss plastering or England in the slightest. How are you getting on? Apart from being a grump? Is you G** lab still with you?

Yeah he's still with me, he's been a good boy for nearly a whole fortnight which is a small miracle. You sound very relaxed, FairPlay and I am jealous! The weather over here is consistently shite and the rat race is furious! Don't worry il save u a spot for wen u get back! Lol, good to hear from ya m8.

I'm surprised u haven't chinned him by now!! Your kid a bit better now and are u sleeping more than 2 hours a night now?? That was making you super grumpy lol.

I did lie btw. I do miss holding your hose and spraying it all over the place!! You been to anymore "tanning salons" recently?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.