first ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used the super flex trowel for the first time today ... I must say it's only any good for the last trowel, does leave a decent finish.

i used it for first trowel but it left it looking like I skimmed the ceiling with sand.

cant see point in all hype at the moment :RpS_unsure:

Used the super flex trowel for the first time today ... I must say it's only any good for the last trowel, does leave a decent finish.

i used it for first trowel but it left it looking like I skimmed the ceiling with sand.

cant see point in all hype at the moment :RpS_unsure:

you seem to enjoy having the same problem as me and @stuart23. try giving it 1sr trowel with your normal then using the super flex but give it a bit more time to set

Last edited by a moderator:
you seem to enjoy having the same problem as me and @stuart23. try giving it 1sr trowel with your normal then using the super flex but give it a bit more time to set

Yes that's the best way I seemed to find today, cus been doing a few ceilings.

But it it doesn't seem to be any point in them, cus you could just used normal trowel for 2nd trowel. Same finish.

not sure about hype, I can only think a few people don't know a good job.

Yes that's the best way I seemed to find today, cus been doing a few ceilings.

But it it doesn't seem to be any point in them, cus you could just used normal trowel for 2nd trowel. Same finish.

not sure about hype, I can only think a few people don't know a good job.

Now listen here buddy, just because a lot of us happen to find this is a great trowel and also speeds the set up a bit, and you don't does not however mean we do not know a good job now does it.

Now listen here buddy, just because a lot of us happen to find this is a great trowel and also speeds the set up a bit, and you don't does not however mean we do not know a good job now does it.

Can you explain to me why if you 1st trowel with it it makes it look like it been skimmed with sand?

thanks

No because I don't have that problem. But maybe you can explain to me how me being able to put it to good use makes me not know what a good job is ???

Decorator don't like over polished plaster as mist coat won't sink in. Just advice - best Matt finish

Every decorators different when ive painted my work ive found if its matt it sucks straight in and you end up with it looking like a bag of poos if the surface is closed in you get time to roll it out, personal preference I suppose

I think people need to be aware that a flex trowel or plastic will not be as good as a normal trowel finish under closer scrutiny when dried, its flexibility will not allow it to flatten blemishes , you basically need a sharper eye on your work. I am not saying it's not possible to get a good finish with the plastic or flexi but just to be aware of comebacks,

It is a strange one if using SF for the first trowel it does seem to bring the grains out and it also looks wet through..

Flattening with normal trowel first does help..

I still give it a once over with the plazzy on the final trowel just because it's easier..

I think people need to be aware that a flex trowel or plastic will not be as good as a normal trowel finish under closer scrutiny when dried, its flexibility will not allow it to flatten blemishes , you basically need a sharper eye on your work. I am not saying it's not possible to get a good finish with the plastic or flexi but just to be aware of comebacks,

spot on big man ...

Another one that polishe's his work to much, if you want to do that mate then maybe you should turn you hand to marble and give the painters a break, have you ever tried to paint glass?
:-0

I used my s*p*r*lex for the first time today and found it quite grainy. I closed it all off with my ordinary trowel and had a good finish and no water.
I will persevere with it tho.

I think some should learn to use a normal finishing trowel and not get too excited looking for the '' magic'' trowel..lol..

anyone can polish up, even our lass, just dry trowel when its gone off.... ( dark brown ) its called '' bullshit plastering '' and leaving it like glass is bollox, cant paint it, and compresses the plaster too much making it more brittle...

Status
Not open for further replies.