first ceiling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the s/flex. well impressed. two coats with mt flatten with speedskim and two passes with s/flex job done ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1393778072.776866.jpg

Been using the s*p*r*lex for all stages now and I love it. Got the 16". Would say it speeds up sets as you can flatten off quicker

No chance you only trowelled that twice after speed skim ... Unless it was one trowel after then one when it had set troweling to fuk to get the shine lol some one telling porkys ? :RpS_sneaky:

no prokys the ceiling was quite high suction so after speedskim one trowel then twenty min wait then straight back round it

My 16" s*p*r*lex arrived on Friday. Can't wait to try it.
How do you keep it safe I'm scared to damage it. It's on the front seat of my van at the moment.

Don't think it's that delicate. Just hook it on the bucket with my other trowels and stack them up lol. One project I'd like to do is make custom trowel and hawk holder but much more important things to do.

got a trowel rack in the transit. a bit if timber screwed on two other smaller bits so its out off the wood panel then hang trowels on it

My 16" s*p*r*lex arrived on Friday. Can't wait to try it.
How do you keep it safe I'm scared to damage it. It's on the front seat of my van at the moment.

There not made of glass mate mine are launched in the bucket with everything else.

My skimming trowels are strapped to inside of the back door of my van so they can't move will take a picture when I next clean them ;)

i never understand wen people say wall or ceiling is over polished id say its always better to be over polished than under troweled

even if takes painter few secs to run over with a bit of scratch for key lot easier for em to do that to fill imo

i never understand wen people say wall or ceiling is over polished id say its always better to be over polished than under troweled

even if takes painter few secs to run over with a bit of scratch for key lot easier for em to do that to fill imo

theres a big difference though. an over polished ceiling doesnt mean its been Trowelled properly. just as a matt ceiling doesnt mean its going to need loads of filling

Last edited:
i get what your saying but i mean like iv never heard of a plasterer being called back cause hes over polished his plaster
but plently of storys were they av not trowel up propley
thats from a hair salon i did in jan that was two wet trowels and a single drytrowel using a plastic looks over troweled but it was just a standard set
1514471_598016000253025_819066045_n (1).jpg

When we first started using plastic trowels over a year ago we done a large ceiling over artex that was all over the place. First coat we done a 50/50 multi bonding but never mixed enough so had to mix up more after laying it on. As you know with multi/bonding it flash sets so we had most of the ceiling screaming for a second coat and the last bit soaking. Anyway got the second coat on and it flattened terrible, few wets and dry and it still looked bad. Two passes with plastic and it looked amazing and we thought we had saved it. Got a call back few weeks later as after the painter had been in and new lights had been fitted it looked terrible, first call back we'd had in years. Reskimmed and painted it our selfs but now very wary of how good a shiny ceiling really is.

Read posts all the time, just think over trowelling is by people that can't be bothered. I am mid 50's plastered all my life.

You spend ages going over it to get it like a mirror then the first thing the painter does it put the roller over it and leaves a light stipple

Status
Not open for further replies.