Firmacell boards

Staff online

I've only used them around log burners and taped them. Think they do there own skim but I could be mistaken

A log burner installer I do a lot of work for uses them on the inside of breasts.

He just leaves it to the customer to paint the bear board because its almost unskimable

Skimmed these boards with multi finnish even after 2 coats of unibond they fire cracked not recommended to skim with gypsum plaster

I've had a bad experience which is why I asked. We followed everything on manufacturers spec and some walls are fine and others either crazied on us or the joints cracked.. Fermacell say that the joints should be filled with their compound before skimming apparently but not all joints were filled prior.. Unsure if that contributes or notbto hairline cracks in joints.

Beware the fermacell, I wouldn't touch this s**t with a barge pole ever again ! Finishes horrible even when it holds up, grainy and uneven imo.

Done lots of it. Double your labour rate as its a t**t to cut and finish. I use a Hilti circular saw attached to a vacuum to cut, for ease. Their jointing system is quite user unfriendly but if done properly, gives a good finish. Got a 7500sq foot house to do with it in the new year. Happy days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing on the market for spreads nightmare for fixers. If the fixers are good and do the job properly then its a breeze. Why are you skimming it you use the ready mixed fine surface treatment.Did Bolton college and didn't get one client snag. Done properly the walls turn out perfect.I personally would work with thus all the time

Yeah their manual says about the fine surface treatment. They're an absolute pig for multi finish

You dont plaster them full stop.The fst is brilliant ,you can water it down to make it like cream. Spread it on and scrape it off. Quick sand of the angles the next day.The finish when painted is perfect and better than any plastered finish. You can finish a wall half way through and go back the next day,no making good or blending in its a piece of piss.