fireplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

keiron

I need to board and skim this hole in fire place. What would be the best way of boarding it up be? First time doing fireplace so just wondering what you guys think.

Cheers

Attachments

• 1435743135122.jpg
    1435743135122.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 287
Is it going to be a functional fire place?ive done a couple recently with sand and cement internally and skimmed the face. They turned out quite nice.

dont over estimate the materials. the vertical stripes make it seem taller than it actually is. thats why fat people wear clothes with vertiacl stripes on; to make themselves look thinner. if youre skinny you should wear rings or hoops

like this

_60911257_peter-thompson_original-str.jpg

this bloke has got it the wrong way round

Who-says-stripes-make-you-look-fat.jpg

Would post a recent holiday pic but wouldn't like to make anyone feel insecure and most pics have the wife in...can't be doing with the friend requests on her facebook lol

Brick it up with thermalight block (remember to tie in) and leave a vent hole. Hardwall and skimm to finish and fix a vent cover over the vent hole with pollytop nails. Job done[emoji6]

She said she wants the cheapest option, will it be cheaper to buy some battens put them on the inside then screw plasterboard to the battens then skim it?

Lol they want the cheap option , are you meaning keeping the opening and plastering inside ? Sounded that way this time ? Block up one day which will take a hour or so max then back another day to float and skim it

Or if they want the really cheap option block up using bonding and cement. Float with a fresh batch of bonding and cement skim 10 mins later

No she wants the opening blocked but she being a fussy bitch lol. Stud it board it out then skim it. Guessing that will be the cheaper option

She doesn't want the cheapest option kieron. She won't like the cheapest option at all.... Because the cheapest way to solve all your problems is f**k her off and buy a 65" LED TV to stick in front of it then sit there watching the footy in peace!

Tell her the cheapest option is to do it her fcuking self or pay you to do it properly.
These tight cnuts do my head in, when they ask for cheapest price I just stick a high one in.
If you haven't got the money don't have the work done.

Kieron batten and board would be quickest and cheapest for you. If you cut some strips of board to run down the batten when you fix it you can get it spot on flush and so knock some stiff hardwall up and skim straight away.

Tell her the cheapest option is to do it her fcuking self or pay you to do it properly.
These tight cnuts do my head in, when they ask for cheapest price I just stick a high one in.

Kieron batten and board would be quickest and cheapest for you. If you cut some strips of board to run down the batten when you fix it you can get it spot on flush and so knock some stiff hardwall up and skim straight away.

This is what i have to tell some carpenters regarding door liners for getting the right thickness for skimming or dabbing.

That would probably

If i were to do it that way because if its not getting papered it will crack .... I would stud, dab onto the brickwork on the ourside of the stud . Then skim . More solid and splits the joint up . Rather than it being 2 serperate peices it interlinks abit more . And dab solid to brickwork compared to even a little mm movement in the stud . Dabs will sort that and stud to solid the middle up . I prefere blocking up though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.