Fire partition regs

Members online

PaulH

Hi all.
Question for the knowledgeable. I own a flat on the top floor of a block. The attack space of mine and the adjoining flat was one big space of traditional king truss and rafter construction. The leaseholders decide these should be separated with forwalls for obvious reasons (Nothing to do with the Grenfell fire, it was put in motion before that)
Anyway, I'm a joiner by trade and have worked on fire protection and partitions more times than I care to remember. A company was brought in to erect fire partitions inthe loft. It was always going to be a b*****d of a job due to the logistics of getting the gourds up four flights of stairs and into the loft.
Anyway I'll cut to the line. They boarded straight on to the King trusses, basically putting screws in where they could. Single skin, and caulked the joins, (very poorly I might add) when it came to the gaps against the roof, the gaps have merely been sruffed with wool. From my days of firelining and fore protection, I'm pretty certain this isn't up to regulation standard. We are expected to pay for this and I'm withholding my payment until the company that manage the leasehold have sent out a surveyor.
I'm certain. There are regulations regarding joints and screw centres.
Can anyone who does fire protection regularly shine some light in this.
Thanks in advance. I'll try and add photos.
Paul

Attachments

• IMG_3026.JPG
    IMG_3026.JPG
    404.8 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_3027.JPG
    IMG_3027.JPG
    441.7 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_3028.JPG
    IMG_3028.JPG
    712.4 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_3029.JPG
    IMG_3029.JPG
    681.2 KB · Views: 211
Please excuse the spelling errors, no glasses and predictive text have taken their toll. Obviously they carried boards upstairs, not gourds. Fire protection not fore protection.

it looks a very poor effort at building a fire check wall.
no one would expect to pay anything for something that is not fit for purpose.

That looks fooking terrible although I've skimmed worse . Can't imagine what fire rating it would have , 10 seconds ?

Like what's been said, two skins staggered and first one taped and jointed and second aswell, also fire foam filling any major gaps.

Cheers lads.
It's s**t, that's obvious. I'd have thought a seperate stud wall too. Not straight,on to the trusses. Obviously I can't get into,other,people's lofts to see how they've been done, (there are three blocks of flats)
But I'd imagine the same. I'll let you know the results of the surveyors visit.
Your comments are appreciated, keep them coming.​