Fire Damage

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy2

I've got an insurance job to price next week after a house fire, one room is to be stripped and re-done from scratch but there are several ceilings to be re-skimmed after smoke damage. I can't find any where specs for a primer to use for this if there is such a thing, so I was going for a good clean then Thistle Bondit to seal and skim, any other ideas?

Cheers Flynny, I recon a good clean and away! The insurance has specified just a re-skim to ceilings as no fire damage was incurred to them, I suggested overboarding. The ceilings were painted in vinyl silk, hence the Bondit, still go for this over pva under the circumstances.

we did one about a year ago, had a cleaning firm in and they cleaned the ceilings and walls off. not sure how but we just used bondit and reskimed

Nice one! Once the soot's off or contained, it's a straight forward job , it's just that soot can be a problem as it bleeds through if not treated right.

if you use house hold bleach on soot that will help in stopping it bleading. A mate of mine had one to do and he went over with a weak pva mix scrubbing the smoke damage into the mix as he went, left it to set off and then gave it another 2 coats of pva. never had a problem and that was over 4 years ago now.

Boots are ace!! I keep them in the van and even in this weather they are warm as soon as you put them on! Also they are more comfy on the feet than my Nikes!!! Defo not be buying any others, cheers Church.
Looking the way to go is a concentrated wash of sugar soap, a couple of squeezey mops and bondit! Got to be careful not to get bleach in your eyes espeacially cleaning ceilings, that wouldn't be nice! Suppose could use on chimmney breasts though.

Artex stabilex stops soot bleeding through , glad to hear you like the boots they are just like trainers to wear

lol give the boots a go grand if you don't like them i will buy them off you (if you are a size 9 ) i know you like your clobber so what you got to lose ? PM Ziggy2 if you have any doubt about the quality

Trouble is they are really hard to get hold of in the Uk mate they only sell one or two types of different boots

Fill the form in on the link and it will tell you i think the sole distibutrers in the U.K. are B.O.C. but check it, i bought a pair last year and the are the nuts.
Lucius.

Status
Not open for further replies.